Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim Woodward 16 posts 66 karma points
    Oct 08, 2014 @ 15:50
    Tim Woodward

Contour "Failed to save form" error

I've been banging my head against the wall on this for many hours.

Umbraco 4.7.1.1
    Contour 3.0.6

Every time I try and save a form I get the "failed to save form" error bubble. Actually it seems I can save ONCE (but not always) and then every subsequent save gets the error. WIthout even making a change to the form.

I'm not putting any unsual fields in, just text fields. It's not the maxJsonLength problem that I have read about on other forum posts as I have added that to the web.config. Looking at the AJAX request to /umbraco/plugins/umbracocontour/designer.asmx/Save it returns with return code 200 and {"d":false} as the response body, no further messages. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Contour, no help. It seems the only difference in the request body between the inital save that works and the save that failes is the HTML in the json "value" property.

This is very annoying as I have paid (and licensed) Contour. 

Any help very much appreciated. I'm at a dead end.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 08, 2014 @ 18:09
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Tim,

Do you have licence.dll in your bin form ?

Oct 09, 2014 @ 11:12
    Tim Woodward

I have the umbracoForms.lic file which I thought was all that was required. Umbraco.Licensing.dll is also in there. Is there another dll I'm missing?

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 10, 2014 @ 08:41

It's a pretty old Umbraco version and also an older Contour version I would recommend to upgrade to more recent versions since you are probably hitting into legacy bugs

Upgrade Contour docs can be found here http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Upgrade

For an overview of which version of Contour is compatible with which Umbraco version check http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour

Oct 10, 2014 @ 14:42
    Tim Woodward

Funnily enough that's what I'd started doing and indeed it has fixed it. Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft