Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Tillebeck 15 posts 36 karma points
    Dec 07, 2009 @ 16:23
    Anders Tillebeck

Send mail to input field

Hello

I am just getting started with Contour and ran into first problem with a "Tip-a-friend" form with name, email and a message that send an email with the current page URL to the given email.

To go this:

1. [done] Create a form with input fields for friends name, friends email, senders name and a message
    2. [done] Add regex validation for a corerct email for the friend email input field and make it a mandatory field
    3. [???] Set up workflow that will send a mail to the mailaddress in the friend email input field...

I also need to send the current pages URL in the bodytext in the email, but I guess that should be possible if I can just get the problem solved with sending an email to an address written in an input field.

BR. Anders

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Dec 07, 2009 @ 16:49
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Anders,

Did you read the developer's doc, especially on 'Adding a workflow type to Umbraco Contour' (page 11) (i'm not sure whether this is already public as I can 't find a public link to the guide)? Basically, you'll need to build a new class which inherits from 'WorkflowType' and implement the Execute() method. Method is fed with the record which is being submitted, so you should be able get the email field from there.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

• Anders Tillebeck 15 posts 36 karma points
    Dec 07, 2009 @ 17:13
    Anders Tillebeck

http://umbraco.org/pro-downloads/Contour%20Developer%20Docs.pdf

No, I haven't really gone through the manual. Do have the link, as inserted here above. But sine I cannot do any C# programming myself then the developer docs are tough reading.

I hoped that I could reference an input field out-of-the-box e.g. using the unique ID and send a mail to it. Otherwise a workaround could be to post form to an URL and send mail using XSLT on that page...

Br. Anders

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft