Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan 1287 posts 3919 karma points c-trib
    Oct 10, 2014 @ 17:14
    Dan

Contour export - does it use database or cache

Hi,

I'm having pretty major issues with a large 10-step Contour form that seems to have become corrupt (possibly by the client making major changes to form fields).  The data is visible in the Contour 'Entries' view and is able to be exported using the 3 export options on the right side of the entries table.  However, using the main export facility (top left of the entries table) the output is very much incomplete - it stops after step 2 of the form, so steps 3-10 don't have any data or even any field headings.

First part of the question:  Where is this data coming from?  Presumably one view is coming from a cache and another directly from the database, but which is which?  Could the top-left export data be truncated by some kind of size limitation?  I'm fearful that the cache is okay but the database is corrupt, in which case presumably at some point the cache will regenerate in broken form and a lot of data will be lost.

Second part of the question:  Is there anything in place to handle resuming a form submission if the form fields have been changed.  So, a visitor completes steps 1-5 then the administrator changes the form fields, then the visitor resumes the form and completes steps 6-10.  If this isn't something that's handled currently (I'm pretty sure it's not as I'm seeing a lot of errors when I try it out) then it might be something worth considering in Contour v3.  I'm not quite sure how it could be handled, but something other than YSODs :)

Third part of the question:  Does anybody have a SQL query to output Contour data, intact, as per the entries table?  That'd be mega handy in trying to piece together the data and/or seeing where the corruption may be.

Many thanks.

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 13, 2014 @ 09:14

1) Data is coming from the db UFRecordsXml table but going through an xslt file depending on the output type you select

2)You can place a form in edit mode by passing it a record id

3)Selecting data from UFRecordsXml should do the trick

• Dan 1287 posts 3919 karma points c-trib
    Oct 13, 2014 @ 09:21
    Dan

Thanks Tim.

1. The main trouble is that only the right-hand export facilities work, the top left one doesn't contain most of the data or field headers. Why would this be?

2. The users are able to edit their partially-submitted form entries but there are errors all over the place as the form fields have been changed in the meantime. I just wondered if there was a way to handle this without erroring? I doubt it, so we're reluctantly blanking those entries and getting the users to complete the forms again, but just wondered.

3. Thanks. So the UFRecordsXml table holds the exact information that's displayed in the entries view in the CMS?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft