Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Giovanni Sidoel 94 posts 233 karma points
    Oct 30, 2014 @ 15:44
    Giovanni Sidoel

back-end total inconsistent wit front-end total

Hey guys,

We have an issue with Contour 3.0.10 whereby the number of approved entries in the back-end doesn't correspond with the number of approved entries I pick up on the front end.

On the front-end I do:

<xsl:variable name="total" select="count(umbraco.contour:GetRecordsFromPage($currentPage/@id)//uformrecord[state = 'Approved'])"/>

We've noticed differences in the UFRecordsXml and UFRecords tables. We assume the number of entries in these two tables for the same form should be the same.

What could be causing this? How can it be fixed?

One of our testers compared the list generated on the back-end with the one generated on the front-end. The entries in the back-end which did not show up on the front, were manually approved (although we were already in the approved list and also use auto approval). His findings were that after the manual approval those entries did show up in the front.

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 30, 2014 @ 15:47

How much is the difference? Could it be that the filter in the backoffice isn't set correctly (so not to only approved)? Both the backoffice and frontend will fetch its data from the ufrecordsxml table so there shouldn't be a difference

Oct 30, 2014 @ 16:09
    Giovanni Sidoel

Hey Tim,

The difference varies from form to form and is, from what I've seen so far, less then 20.

Can the filter in the back-office be set to get multiple states? We use the filter on "Approved" as far as I know.

If I export the same approved list from the back-end, I wind up with the exact same number I get in the front.

Oct 30, 2014 @ 16:15

How many entries in total do you have then? Might be that some records output invalid json data and thus not being shown in the entries viewer

Oct 30, 2014 @ 16:16

So export and front end count is correct one, entries viewer is missing some

Oct 30, 2014 @ 16:21
    Giovanni Sidoel

That's what we assume, but we connot be certain at this point. The entries viewer is actually adding some instead of missing some.

Oct 30, 2014 @ 16:29

Hmm mind sending me a backup of the db, tg at umbraco dot com then I can debug the issue,

Thanks

Oct 30, 2014 @ 16:30
    Giovanni Sidoel

I will ask for it. And send it to you if I can get it ;)

Nov 04, 2014 @ 14:18

Ok just tried your db backup with the latest version of Contour and there the count seems to be consistent so what I would suggest is to upgrade to the latest version

You can get that on the project page 

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/

Upgrade instructions can be found here 

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Upgrade

Nov 04, 2014 @ 15:37
    Giovanni Sidoel

I was hoping to avoid an upgrade. We're running Umbraco 4.10.1. How much hassle are we looking at here?

Can we just get 3.0.23.ForV4.zip and then overwrite the contour files (as per http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Upgrade)?

The last time we upgraded contour on this site, we had to upgrade Umbraco first.

Nov 06, 2014 @ 16:57
    Giovanni Sidoel

Tim,

We're running Umbraco 4.10.1 with Contour 3.0.10 at this moment. Should I use the umbracoContour_3.0.23_update.zip or should I install the new package umbracoContour_3.0.23_ForV4.zip?

Please advise.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft