Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kris Janssen 210 posts 569 karma points c-trib
    Nov 07, 2014 @ 14:54
    Kris Janssen

Will upgrades from Contour 3.xx to UmbracoForms 4 be possible?

The new stuff looks very exciting so I am wondering if upgrades will be "safe" :)

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 07, 2014 @ 15:00
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Kris,

If you mean if you will take a nightly build of Contour 4, then I think it´s okay, but as they say on Umbraco  Nightly build is for developers who wish to live on the bleeding edge, we offer nightly builds of all our releases. :-)

I think I would be possible to upgrade, following this: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Upgrade If it was me I would try it on a test environment first before I do it on a live environment. :-)

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Kris Janssen 210 posts 569 karma points c-trib
    Nov 07, 2014 @ 15:04
    Kris Janssen

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the feedback.

I already ran a test on U7.2 using UForms 4. It looks very cool indeed.

I didn't get around to checking if any of the underlying tables changed or anything, i.e. if it will at one stage become possible to upgrade existing installs.

But again, looks very cool. I can't wait for the final version :)

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 07, 2014 @ 15:08
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Kris,

I know there have been changes to the underlying tables, try to see the lastest episode of uHangout where Per shows the new Umbraco Forms, and talk about the difference between the Contour as it is to day and the new Umbraco Forms,

uHangout EP044 - Per Ploug - Umbraco Forms: http://uhangout.co.uk/video/iTKb4k4UJqU

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft