Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marco Teodoro 72 posts 147 karma points c-trib
    Nov 07, 2014 @ 18:23
    Marco Teodoro

New umbraco forms not making any validation

Hello comunity, i'm trying the new awsome umbraco 7.2 wit umbraco forms but i'm having a issue.

Forms are generated and emails are sent but the mandatory fields and conditions are not applied. did anyone had this issue before?

thks in advance 

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 07, 2014 @ 23:08
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Double,

I thinkt that you are right, I have tried to make the same setup, as you menssion in your post and I discovered the same things as you. The validation is not wokring, even though the required files get the star symbol, for required field, and the data-val-required gets a value of the text that you have typed into the mandatory error message field.

And I discovered the samething with the conditions on fields. I think that you should reporting this issue to the issue tracker http://issues.umbraco.org so the HQ is aware that there is an issue with the validation on the mandatory fields on a form, and there is also a problem with the conditions.

/Dennis

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 08, 2014 @ 01:11
    Nicholas Westby

I have reported the issue and a similar one here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-620

Please feel free to add a comment if you have more information to add.

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 10, 2014 @ 09:42

Thanks for reporting, we'll take a look

Nov 10, 2014 @ 11:24

It's indeed a bug in the beta version, fix is pushed and will be part of new nightly build and of course the final version

Nov 10, 2014 @ 11:49
    Marco Teodoro

Hello guys, 

thks for your help and sorry for not reply to the several post you did since last friday. i'm glad it's fixed, thks a lot for the support. How can we test the bug fix? can we pull the lastest sources or dll's?

Best Regards,

Marco 

Nov 10, 2014 @ 11:59

Yup you can get that from our build server http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/4.0/ ;

Nov 10, 2014 @ 12:02

btw for client side validation you have to manually add the necesarry script references: jquery, jquery validate and jquery validate unobtrusive

Nov 10, 2014 @ 12:02
    Marco Teodoro

thks a lot Tim

Nov 10, 2014 @ 12:12
    Marco Teodoro

That is something that i don't understand. some old zip folder have a correct folder structure like app_plugins bin etc. but the latest zip (buid 56) are a bunch of files inside the same folder with names that i can't related to the ones we have in our solution. 

what build and files should i replace? 

Nov 10, 2014 @ 12:18

the build server outputs a package (to install in a fresh install) and also a collection of files (to upgrade an existing install) 

so to upgrade you should fetch UmbracoForms.files.4.0WIP.4.0.0-Build.55.zip

Nov 10, 2014 @ 12:22
    Marco Teodoro

Ok Tim thanks for the explanation.

Best Regards,

Marco Teodoro

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft