Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Chance 20 posts 101 karma points
    Nov 12, 2014 @ 10:28
    Tom Chance

"Phantom" Record in Contour V3.0.9

Hi Our!

Having a strange issue with an older Umbraco site (4.11.10) and Contour (3.0.9). I understand this is a bit "Legacy" but I was wondering if anyone had experienced this issue in the past / or knows if a particular update fixes this issue.

The problem is that whenever the entries within a contour form are exported - a "Phantom" record always appears at the end of the document, on all file types. By Phantom record I mean - a Record that does not exist within the Contour entries log but it does exist in the MSSQL database.

So far I have tried removing the record from the table it exists on but this achieved nothing as the record seems to "Re-add" itself to the database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

For System information reference:
    Umbraco V 4.11.10
    Contour V 3.0.9
    .Net V 4.0
    IIS 7
    Windows 2008 Sever R2.

Thank you

Tom

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 12, 2014 @ 10:32

First I hear of this behaviour, any additional workflows attached to the form that might be doing stuff? Since if it re-adds there must be some code responsible

Nov 12, 2014 @ 11:02
    Tom Chance

Hi Tim,

The only workflows that are attached to this contact form are "Send XSLT transformed email" and "Send Email" on Submitted.
    There are 3 inactive workflow steps aswell but these are all other "Send Email" options.
    In Terms of extra code that may have been added - As far as I am aware the Contour form is simply using the base install stuff.

Thank you for your speedy reply! 

Nov 12, 2014 @ 11:05

So how fast does this phantom record get re-added once you delete it? Can you ever do an export where it doesn't include it (when you delete it from the db). 

Nov 12, 2014 @ 12:03
    Tom Chance

Hi Tim,

The phantom record adds almost instantly after deletion.

Quick Question - Having a look again through the SQL database. On the table "UFRecords", any idea what State 5 is?
    The offending record is the only one in the database with a State of 5.

Thank you 

Nov 12, 2014 @ 12:20

That's strange so it adds a record to the table without even submitting an entry through a Contour form?

Nov 12, 2014 @ 12:31
    Tom Chance

Hi Tim,

Fixed the issue, It was the State causing the problem for some unknown reason. After changing the State to 4 the record was viewable in the Contour Entries. From here I could delete the record and remove it permanently from the database.

I have no idea how it saved as a State that didnt exist.

Thank you for your help!

EDIT: If I had enough Karma to high five you I most certainly would :)

Tom. 

Nov 12, 2014 @ 13:10

Ok glad it's sorted now :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft