Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Antony Briggs 78 posts 103 karma points
    Nov 24, 2014 @ 09:53
    Antony Briggs

Disable contour_xxx cookie

Hi,

Is it possible to disable generation of the contour auto-resume cookie (contour_<formid>_<pageid>)?

Should this cookie even be set for a single-page form? My feeling is that this is a bug - I'll raise an issue unless anyone can think of a reson for it to be there.

Thanks!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 24, 2014 @ 09:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Antony

I think it's more like a feature request to make it possible to have it turned off.

I think it makes sense to store the input in the form if it has not been submitted and for some reason your machine crashed or whatever while you we're filling out the form.

But I can also see that it would be nice to be able to disable the cookie. So I think you should make a feature suggestion rather than a bug report.

Just my 2 cents.

/Jan

• Antony Briggs 78 posts 103 karma points
    Nov 24, 2014 @ 10:30
    Antony Briggs

Hey Jan,

Thanks for the quick reply - For a single page/step form, the values won't be saved if your machine crashes as they don't get set to the server until you click submit (and by that time the form is complete).

In that sceanaro the cookie is beeing set after the form is complete and therefore cannot be classed as "essential"

Any other views?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft