Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Dec 16, 2009 @ 11:19
    David Peck

ERROR CREATING CONTROL FOR NODETYPE: formssecurity

I had previously installed Contour, but after uninstalling the package and then reinstalling it again I get a ASP.NET error when I go to Contour Security and 'Create'

Umbraco v4.0.3

Win2k3

Exception Details: 

System.ArgumentException: ERROR CREATING CONTROL FOR NODETYPE: formssecurity

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: ERROR CREATING CONTROL FOR NODETYPE: formssecurity]

umbraco.cms.presentation.Create.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +415

System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14

System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99

umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +15

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Version Information: 

Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

• anthony hall 222 posts 536 karma points
    Jan 13, 2010 @ 12:43
    anthony hall

I've got the same error, any thoughts on how to resolve this.

• Jannick Læssøe 7 posts 27 karma points
    Feb 05, 2010 @ 12:01
    Jannick Læssøe

I get the same error - any solutions?

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 05, 2010 @ 12:19

It sounds like the entry in the /umbraco/config/create/ui.xm file is missing.

Please check the Install guid on page 6 (Adding configuration to ui.xml)

http://umbraco.org/pro-downloads/Contour-Install-Guide.pdf

Feb 05, 2010 @ 12:21

Ow

You don't need to create anything in the Contour Security tree, every user that has access to Contour will be added automaticly.

• Garrett Fisher 341 posts 496 karma points
    Feb 23, 2010 @ 21:24
    Garrett Fisher

I am also getting this error, and all my configurations are exactly as described above.  Not only am I getting the formssecurity error, though-- my whole CMS has blown up as a result of Something in Contour.  In every module, I can only see the root node, and nothing under it.  NIo page that has a FORM on it will display.  I get only this error, everywhere:

Umbraco.Forms.Core.Common.ProviderException: No provider with id 
    '3f92e01b-29e2-4a30-bf33-9df5580ed52c' found

I also get this error when clicking on any users in the Contour Security folder in the Users tab, and when I click on Anything on the Contour tab.

What does this error Mean?  And why did it come out of nowhere?  I had my contour forms on my site rnunign for a month or so witrhout issue and then today I log in to Umbraco and I can't see Anything.  The reason I think its contour is because every page on my published site is Okay, Except for the Contact Us form, which uses a Contour macro.  That form is completely gone.

I need some help. Please!

Thanks,

Garrett

• Garrett Fisher 341 posts 496 karma points
    Feb 23, 2010 @ 22:47
    Garrett Fisher

The string "3f92e01b-29e2-4a30-bf33-9df5580ed52c" actually EXISTS in two files.  Javascript files.  One is umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/scripts/umbracoforms.js and the other is data/13622b46-3030-4a9c-a1c9-32c326db5555/ef5974d7-5771-4d37-92ad-aff20b014e00.js.  This second one, what the heck IS this file??

In both of them, the line is:

$("#fieldtype option:[value='3f92e01b-29e2-4a30-bf33-9df5580ed52c']").attr('selected', 'selected');

I am lost.  No one touched anything in Contour at ALL, and all of a sudden the CMS won't display ANY forms. 

I cannot even uninstall Contour because I can't see any nodes beneath the root node in any of the modules, including Developer, so I can't see the "Installed Packages" folder.

Help,

Garrett

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Feb 25, 2010 @ 09:34
    Per Ploug

Just to clarify

The error you get when trying to create something in the contour users tree is because you are no supposed to be able to create anything there. The context menu "create" item is a bug, you should not be able to create anything. All users who have access to the contour application will automaticly be added to that tree, and therefore, there is no reason to create anything.

@Garrett, the oddly named js file is a backup from the package you installed contour from, it keeps the files incase something in the install suddenly stops, and it has to resume. And as talked about on email, your issues are because of a version mismatch on the AjaxControlToolkit.dll, the fix is mentioned in the installing documents under "known issues"

http://umbraco.org/products/umbraco-contour/help-and-support/installation-guide.aspx

/Per

• Kristian Ravnevand 94 posts 214 karma points
    Feb 25, 2010 @ 09:52
    Kristian Ravnevand

I'm running Contour on beta 4.1 with some of the samme issues:

1. When creating a form from a template I get the following error: No provider with id '3f92e01b-29e2-4a30-bf33-9df5580ed52c' found
    2. When trying to add a field I can't select type (the dropdown is empty), I have updated the web.config as menitioned in the install guide, and followed each step manually, and everything seems fine. Even double checked the version of the AjaxControlToolkit.dll to mach the web.config update.
    3. When trying to add a field in Firefox the green field "creator" flicker and dissapear. Then errorconsole gives the following js error:
      Error: f is undefined
      Source File: .../umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/scripts/jquery.dd.js
      Line: 7

I gues this has to do with the beta version, but would be nice if anybody knows about a fix for it :-)

Feb 26, 2010 @ 10:16

Hi Kristian,

Yes these issues will be resolved with the stable version of 4.1

• Mo 34 posts 54 karma points
    May 20, 2010 @ 12:51
    Mo

I am having the same problem. Got Contour last week, installed and registered with my username/pass.

On my local system the site works fine, but on the live server this is what I get on the contour pane:

No provider with id '3f92e01b-29e2-4a30-bf33-9df5580ed52c' found

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Umbraco.Forms.Core.Common.ProviderException: No provider with id '3f92e01b-29e2-4a30-bf33-9df5580ed52c' found

all other cms panes are blank, as if there is absolutely no content...

Oddly enough he hasn't really changed but

The same host runs another site based on umbraco, works perfectly without Contour.

• Kim Løwert 130 posts 116 karma points
    Jul 27, 2010 @ 21:10
    Kim Løwert

Hi guys

Anybody found a solution for this error?

I have just updated a site from 4.0 (.Net 2.0) to 4.5.1 (.Net 4.0). After the update I have manually re-established the package files based on the info in installedPackage.config file. But I get the same error when I try to insert a Contour Form in a document

And in Contour the tree does not contain the forms previously created in contour:

And I get the following exception when trying to create a new form:

Server Error in '/' Application.

No provider with id 'e96badd7-05be-4978-b8d9-b3d733de70a5' found

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Umbraco.Forms.Core.Common.ProviderException: No provider with id 'e96badd7-05be-4978-b8d9-b3d733de70a5' found

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ProviderException: No provider with id 'e96badd7-05be-4978-b8d9-b3d733de70a5' found]
    Umbraco.Forms.Core.Common.ProviderCollection`1.GetProvider(Guid id) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\39da791f9304089a\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Common\ProviderCollection.cs:27
    Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FormStorage.InsertForm(Form form) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\39da791f9304089a\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Data\FormStorage\FormStorage.cs:162
    Umbraco.Forms.UI.Tasks.FormTasks.Save() in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\39da791f9304089a\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Tasks\FormTasks.cs:99
    umbraco.presentation.create.dialogHandler_temp.Create(String NodeType, Int32 TypeId, Int32 NodeId, String Text) +1045
    umbraco.presentation.create.dialogHandler_temp.Create(String NodeType, Int32 NodeId, String Text) +71
    Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dialogs.createForm.sbmt_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\39da791f9304089a\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Dialogs\createForm.ascx.cs:29
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +154
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3691

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Have anybody experienced something like this and if so have you found a solution?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kim

Jul 28, 2010 @ 09:11

Hi Kim,

Do you have the ajaxcontroltoolkit dll in the bin directory?

Cheers,
    Tim

• Kim Løwert 130 posts 116 karma points
    Jul 28, 2010 @ 10:53
    Kim Løwert

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much!!! That did the trick :)

Cheers,

Kim

• Anders Rähr 22 posts 46 karma points
    Jul 29, 2010 @ 20:59
    Anders Rähr

Is there a way to resolve this running 4.0.3? The link Per is reffering to is dead

Jul 29, 2010 @ 21:21
  • Anders Rähr 22 posts 46 karma points
    Jul 29, 2010 @ 21:36
    Anders Rähr

hmm still got the same issue.. just found out the host is running .net 2.0, that might be the cause :-)?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft