Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Enrique Gutierrez 7 posts 29 karma points
    Dec 17, 2009 @ 21:19
    Enrique Gutierrez

Contour, Members and Workflows

Here's a fun one.

Client site is asking for Member registration to include about 12 to 20 fields. These fields are dependant on whether or not the user is one of three member types. The member types/groups I have done, no problem. So the questions I have are:

1. Can a Contour workflow be created to make Members (upon approval)?

2. If not; can the Member registration be updated to include more than merely "email, password, username"?

3. Can a Contour workflow be created to email one person if a form field is marked X, and another person be emailed if a form field is marked Y?

I've been searching for custom workflow stuff and read the Contour documentation, I guess I just need a better example, or at least to be told that I'm barking up the wrong tree (so to speak).

• Comment author was deleted

Dec 23, 2009 @ 11:45

1) Sure that's possible,basicly a workflow executes at a certain action and in the workflow you can access all fields of a record. What happens in the workflow is up to you, creating a member, sending an email, ....

3) Yes, in your workflow you could check the value of a field and then do an action depending on that value

• Enrique Gutierrez 7 posts 29 karma points
    Dec 29, 2009 @ 21:27
    Enrique Gutierrez

How do you go about finding a specific form field in a record?

The only thing I've come up with is RecordField.Key, but it appears to be a GUID.

What I'm trying to do is (in sudo code)

If(RecordField.Key = "CheckboxOne") {

If(RecordField.ValuetoString = True ) {

//my hack 'n slash way of finding if the form field I'm looking at is 1, a checkbox, 2 is checked
        SendEmailTo:"[email protected]";

}

}

I have about 15 checkboxes, each of them (if checked) the Contour Form submission needs to notify "someone else"; so I'll get to do this for every... single... checkbox.

The only other thing I can think of is; altering the Checkbox control to take a recipient property, and then grabbing that somehow.... but that's very beyond my skill level with Umbraco/Contour at this point. It just hasn't clicked enough yet.

Not really looking for someone to paste a block of code here & do my job for me, but any resource or video/post etc that can be checked out? I've searched quite a bit for this, and I'm coming up short on solutions.

• Per Ploug Hansen 208 posts 129 karma points
    Jan 04, 2010 @ 08:44
    Per Ploug Hansen

RecordField.Field.Caption is the one you are looking for, it references the actual title on the form. 

The RecordField only describes the data saved on the record, the RecordField.Field references the actual form field and UI.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft