Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• PierreD Savard 183 posts 290 karma points
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 00:26
    PierreD Savard

Form not working with umbraco 7.2

Hi expert! I try to make my simple 2 pages forms working. After filling up the first page then clic next, the page only refresh itself clearing the fields data.

I try with a single page form, the "submitted text" never apear (the form only refresh itself clearing the data)

any idea?

Another thing, umbraco form 4.0.0 tell me that a new version is avalaible (4.0.0 build 102) when I click on "download and install" the waiting bar start moving but after 10 min, nothing else append.

thank

• Paul de Quant 403 posts 1520 karma points
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 13:06
    Paul de Quant

I too get the upgrade notifcation button on the contour page, but when clicking it nothing happens - you just get a progress bar that continues for ever. It'll be interesting to see the response to your query and if a fix is available.

Paul

• Richard Barg 358 posts 532 karma points
    Jan 12, 2015 @ 20:02
    Richard Barg

@Tim - are you still responding to tech support requests?

• Lars-Erik Aabech 349 posts 1100 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jan 12, 2015 @ 22:47
    Lars-Erik Aabech

@PierreD, do you have Session state enabled on the site?

• Kelly Sullivan 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 18, 2015 @ 16:00
    Kelly Sullivan

following

Jan 19, 2015 @ 20:57
    PierreD Savard

Sorry for the late reply. I was Learning how to use the very usefull Marchello addons.

In my web.config I got that on session state:

<sessionState mode="InProc" customProvider="DefaultSessionProvider">
      <providers>
        <add name="DefaultSessionProvider" type="System.Web.Providers.DefaultSessionStateProvider, System.Web.Providers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" connectionStringName="DefaultConnection" />
      </providers>
    </sessionState>

it is correct?

• Lars-Erik Aabech 349 posts 1100 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jan 20, 2015 @ 01:15
    Lars-Erik Aabech

Looks right.

I haven't got any other really good suggestions, then.

How do you render the form? Macro or custom razor?

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 22, 2015 @ 15:23

@Pierre any change you can share a backup of that site so I can test locally?

@Richard yes but I was in parental leave so catching up with everything now :)

Jan 30, 2015 @ 00:17
    PierreD Savard

Yes in a macro in the RichTextEditor.

@Tim I can try, but I need to find a way to move SQL database to a local database.

Feb 04, 2015 @ 23:49
    PierreD Savard

OK, I do another test with small project. I think the problem come because à use custom Model and custom controllers form my razor form. Like:

@model umbCentaur.Models.AccueilModel
    @using umbCentaur.Models.Shared
    @{
    Layout = "Master.cshtml";
    }

@Model.contenu

then:

public class MasterController : RenderMvcController
    {
        protected ViewResult View(MasterModel model)
        {
            return this.View(null, model);
        }

protected ViewResult View(string view, MasterModel model)
        {

when I try with "normal way" of umbraco with a default Template all work good. With custom model, controller, if I remove the sendEmail in my workflow then fill up the form, the page refresh but do not show the "thank you" message. The form data result is saved in the backend like expected.

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 17:53
    Craig100

Umb 7.2.1 First time with Forms. Just bought a licence. Dashboard says, "There is new version available" (apart from the fact there's an "a" missing) when I update, it just says "Downloading and upgrading forms..." and shows a loading animation that never stops, even after 30 mins. 

I need to get going on some urgent work so is there really a new version and how long should it take to download and upgrade? Or should we just ignore it?

Craig

• Jonas 123 posts 206 karma points
    Feb 13, 2015 @ 10:11
    Jonas

Have been trying to get forms to work with 7.2.1 and its impossible.. :-(

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Feb 13, 2015 @ 10:39
    Craig100

Hi Jonas, I've been struggling a bit myself with forms. However, I have got it working. Have a look at these threads, they might help:-

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/61237-How-to-use-own-partial-to-output-form

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/61283-Is-it-possible-to-remove-Enter-a-page-caption

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/61293-UmbracoForms-Email-Templates,-where-are-they

I found it was too difficult to use for a single field newsletter sign up form (in a site footer) so built my own mvc version writing to a csv file. It was fine for the main site contact form though.  Unfortunately it's not as easy for editors to get the newsletter sign up info as they have to FTP the csv file back. Also there's now a disconnect between signing up in the Contact form and anywhere else. Pity really. Hopefully they'll simplify the set up as it is quite involved behind the scenes.

HTH

Craig

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft