Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rick van der Meij 35 posts 135 karma points
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 11:18
    Rick van der Meij

Conditions not working Umbraco 7.1.8

Hi,

I entered conditions on Umbraco 7.1.8 the same way as I did on Umbraco 6.2.4. When using umbraco 6.2.4 everything is working fine.

However, when using umbraco 7.1.8 the conditions are not triggered, so I have to check manually (own js file) to show them.

Are there any differences between the two versions how to call conditions.

• Richard Barg 358 posts 532 karma points
    Jan 12, 2015 @ 20:04
    Richard Barg

@Rick - this is not encouraging. Did you migrate your Umbraco 4 forms using Tim's migration utility or did you create the forms from scratch.

Unfortunately, lack of backward compatibility is only too common in Umbraco.

Jan 12, 2015 @ 20:20
    Rick van der Meij

No migration, just 2 separate websites. 2 different forms, but both with conditions to show other fields. We will migrate 7.1.8 to 7.2.1 and with it comes umbraco Forms (instead of Contour) so hopefully it will work there.

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 22, 2015 @ 15:27

Nope no differences in how the conditions are done, maybe you didn't include the necessary script references in the second case? Do you get any js errors?

Jan 22, 2015 @ 15:37
    Rick van der Meij

Thats it!

booh so i have to define jquery in the header instead at the bottom end. Then it works...

Well ok, not exactly how I like it, but at least the customer is able to use conditions.

So Async and scripts at the end of your page aren't exactly working out for Contour then.

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 22, 2015 @ 17:10
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft