Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave N 13 posts 34 karma points
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 01:39
    Dave N

Submit/Previous/Next missing from dictionary

Hi, 

We're getting the below warning messages in our logs when a contour form is submitted. I'm assuming that these words should be in our dictionary, but looking at our dictionary table (cmsDictionary), there are no entries. How would I add dictionary entries in Umbraco 7.1.4, Contour 3.0.21?

tia,

Dave

2015-01-14 10:32:00,562 [141] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 127] Error returning dictionary item 'Submit'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Submit exists in dictionary

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Dictionary.DictionaryItem..ctor(String key)

at Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary.get_Item(String key)

2015-01-14 10:32:00,562 [141] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 127] Error returning dictionary item 'Previous'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Previous exists in dictionary

2015-01-14 10:32:00,562 [141] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 127] Error returning dictionary item 'Next'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Next exists in dictionary

• Jonathan 19 posts 101 karma points
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 15:33
    Jonathan

Hi Dave,

Dictionary items can be added in the CMS under the Settings section. Here you'll find a folder 'dictionary' where you can create the needed items.

• Dave N 13 posts 34 karma points
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 22:50
    Dave N

Hi Jonathon,

Is that the case in umbraco 7? When I click on the dictionary it says 'Dictionary Overview' and underneath is Key 'English (United States)' and thats all. I've tried a couple of our installations and they're the same, unless we have something wrong somewhere? I'm logged in as admin.

Update: Ah - don't worry about it you have to right click on the dictionary and hit create

Thanks,

Dave

• Jonathan 19 posts 101 karma points
    Jan 15, 2015 @ 11:27
    Jonathan

Indeed you can use right mouse click on the name but in U7 you can also click on the three dots at the end of each page tree item (visible when you hover over the item).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft