Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Evans 137 posts 353 karma points c-trib
    Dec 21, 2009 @ 23:28
    Chris Evans

Contour form only renders as two buttons in frontend, works in preview

Hi there,

Have got a crazy Contour bug that I can't figure out and it's becoming urgent.

I've got a licenced version of Contour running on my local server. Licence is for chrisevans.co.nz so am running on chrisevans.co.nz.local. Licence file is in place.

I set up a Contour form in the umbraco backend with four fields (to test the different types of inputs I need for my real form) and two simple workflows on submit - send an email and create a node using the supplied info.

The form works perfectly in the Contour preview, renders fine, accepts inputs, validates, submits, redirects to thank you page and does workflows.

I added the macro to render the form into my page to test it on the front end, by inserting it into a rich text editor as shown in the Contour video. It renders in the rich text editor on publish, but it doesn't render for real on the front end.

All I get are two buttons, Previous and Next.

My friend Peter Gregory suggested changing the modules line in my web.config from <modules> to <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true">  as he said he'd encountered this error and this fixed it, not for me. I've also tried restarting the site and server, changing app pool from integrated to the Classic ASP.NET pool, etc.

Help!

Specs:

Umbraco version : umbraco v 4.0.2.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.3441.17657)
    asp.net version : 3.5
    Windows 7 Ultimate, IIS7 (tried both Integrated and Classic ASP.NET pool, no change)

Screenshot of form in preview:  http://chrisevans.co.nz/screens/ContourPreview.png
    Screenshot of form in frontend: http://chrisevans.co.nz/screens/ContourFail.png

Dec 22, 2009 @ 00:31
    Chris Evans

Update: have now tried just inserting the macro directly into a template to see if it was a complication with the rich text editor; same result.

This is the markup being rendered on the frontend:

<div id="contour">

<div class="contourNavigation">

<input type="submit" name="ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ContentPlaceHolderDefault$MainContentArea$PrimaryContentArea$ctl03$RenderForm_2$b_prev" value="Previous" id="ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolderDefault_MainContentArea_PrimaryContentArea_ctl03_RenderForm_2_b_prev" class="contourButton contourPrev" /><input type="submit" name="ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ContentPlaceHolderDefault$MainContentArea$PrimaryContentArea$ctl03$RenderForm_2$b_next" value="Next" id="ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolderDefault_MainContentArea_PrimaryContentArea_ctl03_RenderForm_2_b_next" class="contourButton contourNext" />
    </div>
    </div>

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Dec 22, 2009 @ 07:10
    Lee

I had a similar problem, only to find I hadn't wrapped a form tag with runat server around my contour macro? 

• Comment author was deleted

Dec 23, 2009 @ 11:52

yeah, It sounds like the form is not inside a form runat="server" element, so make sure your templates have <form runat="server"> included

Dec 23, 2009 @ 22:56
    Chris Evans

Form tag is present, that was the first thing I checked based on the other posts here! :o)

Problem is now resolved; after rooting through the stack trace I found that ControlCollection.Add was the issue. My master page had a codeblock on it - i.e. <% code in here %> on the page, which Contour apparently is incompatible with.

Once that codeblock was removed, the form rendered.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft