Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kevin 31 posts 52 karma points
    Dec 22, 2009 @ 12:59
    kevin

Contour sql datasource ID

Hello,

I'm using Contour 1.0.7 with an external datasource. I want to retrieve the primary key or add record.id when the data gets saved to my custom table so that I can reference it later on.

I'm considering two options :

Creating a workflowtype that would somehow put the record.id in a field of the external datasource. Is this possible? I only seem to be able to update the fields that are available to the user, and not the predefined values.

Another option would be to create a custom Datasourcetype.

Does anyone have an example of how to create a custom DataSourceType for contour? Is it possible to inherit from the Sql Datasource already provided in contour?

Thanks for any suggestions

Kevin

• Comment author was deleted

Dec 23, 2009 @ 11:31

Hi Kevin,

A custom workflowtype would be the easiest solution. Check the developer documentation to get started with a workflow http://umbraco.org/products/umbraco-contour/help-and-support/developer-documentation.aspx

• kevin 31 posts 52 karma points
    Dec 23, 2009 @ 12:17
    kevin

Hi Tim,

I've managed to create a custom workflowtype, and i can retrieve record.id. However i can't figure out how to write it to the "sql datasource". The record parameter passed to the execute function only contains the fields that are editable by the user and i don't want to change those. Can i edit the fields containing predefined values?

Is there an example available for a custom DataSourceType and is it possible to inherit the sql datasource datasourcetype from contour? :-)

Thanks!
    Kevin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft