Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marcel 18 posts 67 karma points
    Jan 19, 2015 @ 10:54
    Marcel

Contour edit record

We face two misbehaviour in the edit record function:

1. Some records have a problem with Pre-Values.
    2. Record resets itself to submitted

1. Pre-Values behaviour

Sometimes a Pre-Values in a radiobox-list is saved as a number. I cannot determin where this happens, and under which circumstances.

2. Record resets itself to submitted when edited

Our customer needs to mutate some records. But with every mutation a record resets itself to submitted. Is there any flag to switch off this feature?

Best regards.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 19, 2015 @ 10:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Marcel

What exact version of Umbraco and Contour are you using? And could you perhaps post a screendump if possible?

/Jan

Jan 19, 2015 @ 13:33
    Marcel

We use: Umbraco 7.2.1 Contour: 3.0.23-Build.20

Jan 19, 2015 @ 13:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Marcel

Then it might be because you need to upgrade to using Umbraco Forms instead of Umbraco contour.

There is some sparse documentation, which is still in progress here https://github.com/umbraco/UmbracoFormsDocumentation

There is also a package here to make the migration proces easier http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/umbraco-forms-migration (Have not tried it myself though).

I must admit that I'm not quite sure about the upgrade/migration approach though.

So I think you should make sure to keep a backup of your database and your files before moving on installing Umbraco forms and migrating from Contour to Forms.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jan 19, 2015 @ 16:45
    Marcel

@Jan:

Thx for your input. What is the difference between contour and forms? Do they share the code-base?

We developed three custom workflows. I personally developed some additional code - used some classes like Umbraco.Forms.Core.FormStorage/RecordStorage...

What happens with the contour project? Is this not future-proof?

Jan 19, 2015 @ 16:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Marcel

Umbraco Forms is the new Contour so to speak. If I remember correctly Forms codebase is build from the bottom but based on the same concepts as Contour and the concepts are very identical even though there will probably be more / newer features with Forms.

But Umbraco Forms is the future when you're using Umbraco 7.2+ and I don't think anymore work is put into Contour apart from fixing critical issues perhaps.

But I think you should be able to use your custom workflows with forms as well. I'm just not sure how...perhaps it's very much similar to the way it works with Contour now.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jan 19, 2015 @ 17:12
    Marcel

@Jan: Thx. I will try to convince my project manager to migrate to Forms asap. We already collect a lot of data on our sites, so for us this is business-critical. I will have a look on this umbraco-forms-migration.

Best regards.

Jan 19, 2015 @ 17:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Marcel

You're welcome - I hope you succeeed - But don't hesitate to ask in here if you encounter something unexpected. If you have bought a support agreement then you can get in touch with HQ directly who will probably be able to help you out if you fall into some shortcomings.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft