Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David W. 159 posts 284 karma points c-trib
    Jan 20, 2015 @ 15:45
    David W.

Conditions in Umbraco Forms (7.2)

I have set up a show/hide condition (as from http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/products/umbracoforms/Editor/Creating-a-form/Conditional-Logic/) in a form but the form field never shows when I toggle the radio button. The form works fine otherwise. The scripts are included in bottom of page with @Umbraco.RenderMacro("umbracoforms.RenderScripts"). Validation and everything is looking good. There are no javascript errors.

edit: It appears now as the conditions does not get saved. If I hit ctrl+f5 in backoffice, the condition information I've entered is gone. No javascript error here either.

Any ideas on this?

Jan 20, 2015 @ 15:46
    David W.

Not sure if it's related, but I get an error when I try to upgrade Umbraco forms from the backend (on the

{
        "Message": "An error has occurred.",
        "ExceptionMessage": "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.",
        "ExceptionType": "System.Net.WebException",
        "StackTrace": "   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)\r\n   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName)\r\n   at Umbraco.Forms.Web.Editors.UpdatesController.InstallLatest(String version) in f:\\TeamCity\\buildAgent\\work\\133677a4e37ceece\\Umbraco.Forms.Mvc\\Editors\\UpdatesController.cs:line 101\r\n   at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass13.<GetExecutor>b__c(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.<>c__DisplayClass5.<ExecuteAsync>b__4()\r\n   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpers.RunSynchronously[TResult](Func`1 func, CancellationToken cancellationToken)"
    }
  • James Hamilton 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jan 22, 2015 @ 12:16
    James Hamilton

Same issues as above, the Conditions aren't saving and the upgrade processes returns a 404.

• Mattia Cerantola 10 posts 30 karma points
    Jan 27, 2015 @ 14:32
    Mattia Cerantola

Same problem for me. I really need to resolve this issue :(

EDIT: i'm using umbraco version 7.2.1 and contour last version using a free license. Inspecting the source code of my page, i found out that js function CHECKRULES, automatically created by umbraco contour, is empty. Is that because i'm using a free license?

I have no javascript error and the form works fine when i submit my data. The problem is that i need to use conditional field but at the moment i cant.

The best solution for me would be to have fields showing/hiding other conditional fields when a certain value is inserted and, if the field is mandatory AMD invisible at the same time, to NOT consider my hidden fields as mandatory. If that works, i would immediately buy the license.

Jan 28, 2015 @ 15:39
    David W.

Think I figured this one out. You have to click the "+ New condition" before you save. This adds the condition (and it persists). Possibly a UX issue here. My understanding of ther terminology is that the "+ New Condition" is a button for adding ANOTHER condition.

• Steve 140 posts 321 karma points
    Nov 17, 2015 @ 15:18
    Steve

YES!
    "+ New condition" must be clicked to implement the condition (even if you have only one).
    A little tool tip or something in the UI would be very helpful.
    David, thanks for the help!

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 01, 2016 @ 06:21
    Dennis Adolfi

Thank you! This helped a lot!! :)

• Mattia Cerantola 10 posts 30 karma points
    Jan 28, 2015 @ 15:41
    Mattia Cerantola

Finally i reached the same solution this morning. Very ambiguous :(

Jan 28, 2015 @ 15:46
    David W.

I am suggesting a change to "+ Add" which is less ambiguous IMHO.

• Phill 115 posts 288 karma points
    Jul 23, 2015 @ 02:46
    Phill

Wow, I just wasted a couple hours trying to figure this issue out as well. I think the text should read "Save Condition". The "+ New Condition" really makes you think you only need to click that if you want to add a second condition. Very confusing but once you get it, works great :)

• Jan Vanuytrecht 32 posts 80 karma points
    Dec 16, 2015 @ 12:29
    Jan Vanuytrecht

Thanks, I would have looked for hours for a solution to this "problem".

Did you create an issue on the issue tracker yet? So I can vote for it :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft