Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Myke Bates 11 posts 53 karma points
    Jan 30, 2015 @ 16:53
    Myke Bates

Custom options in field editor

I am sure I missing this somehwere in the documentation, but is there an easy way to add in field options for all fields in contour(Umbraco Forms)?  Example - I would like to add a couple of settings that show up in the field editor for css class and maybe a data attribute value so that every field I add will have the option to fill in those values. I know I'd need to edit the template to plug in those values but where do I plug in the logic to have those options show up? I am running the most current version of Umbraco and Forms

Thanks!

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 30, 2015 @ 23:02
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Myke and welcome to our. :-)

You have the possibility extend the Umbraco Forms with your own field types. And Umbraco HQ have written some documentation on how you can do it, and how you are adding settings to a type.

For the extend Umbraco Forms with some new field types take a look at this documentation. http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/products/umbracoforms/Developer/Extending/Adding-a-Fieldtype For the documentation on how to add settings to a custom field type, see this documentation http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/products/umbracoforms/Developer/Extending/Adding-a-Type#Addingsettingstoatype

I have not tried to extend Umbraco Forms myself, but hope this information can help you.

/Dennis

• Myke Bates 11 posts 53 karma points
    Feb 02, 2015 @ 15:27
    Myke Bates

Cool thanks for the info.  I think what I am looking is extending Umbraco forms itself - I don't really need another textfield, texatarea, etc, just need to tack on some settings to the existing fields.  I'll keep digging around.  Thanks for the welcome!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft