Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 22:38
    Craig100

Is it possible to remove "Enter a page caption...."?

The umbracoForms edtor seems to be set up assuming the form is always a full page.  My pages have a pageName set in another tab in the docType so I don't want editors to think they should add a caption to the top of a particular form. Is there anyway we can remove the "Enter a page caption..." item at the top of a single form, i.e. on a form by form basis?

Thnx

Craig

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 23:02
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Craig,

I would say it´s not recommended to make change to the Umbraco core functionality, in this case Umbraco Forms when this is said, you need to find the file called umb-forms-designer.html, it is located in is folder \App_Plugins\UmbracoForms\Directives\umb-forms-designer.html in your file structure for your Umbraco installation,

Then find line 17 in the file and out comment or delete this piece of HTML.

<input type="text"
                       class="inline-editor page-name"
                       ng-model="form.$currentPage.caption"
                       placeholder="Enter a page caption...">

Then you should see the enter a page caption field disappear, maybe you need to clear your browser cache to see the changes. I don´t know by removing these lines if this will have some impact on how Umbraco Forms will works, and in the case you need to upgrade Umbraco Forms, maybe you need to remove the HTML from the umb-forms-designer.html agian.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 23:12
    Craig100

Hi Dennis,

Thanks.  Looks like that will remove it for every form. Probably ok for the current project, but as you say, once handed over and upgraded by someone else, there could be troulbe ahead :(

Craig.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft