Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rolf Johansson 53 posts 315 karma points
    Feb 13, 2015 @ 10:29
    Rolf Johansson

Must be UserType "Administrator" to see created forms at all

We have an issue with Umbraco 7.1.4 and Contour 3.0.24-build 31 where previously created forms in Umbraco 6 only shows up for users of user type "Administrator". In other words, for users of type "Editor" nothing shows under "Browse and edit" in the Contour section and nothing when using Contour Macro in TinyMCE. The users have access to the Contour section.

Why is this happening?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 13, 2015 @ 12:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rolf

Is access enabled on the user accounts of the editor type? If I remember correctly an administrator needs to grant them access to specific forms.

/Jan

Feb 13, 2015 @ 14:11
    Rolf Johansson

Hi Jan,

What access specifically are you refering to?
    If I look at the user account, they have the "Contour" section checked.
    If I look at the user type "editor", I can't find any Contour specific items there, just the normal backoffice permissions.
    If I look under "user permissions" there are just the content structure with specific node permissions.
    In the Contour section, I can't find anything about access rights within the form settings.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 18, 2015 @ 08:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rolf

Sorry for the late reply - Did you manage to figure this out in the mean time?

Otherwise I think it would be nice to see a screendump of what it looks like on a user, which has been assigned the "editor" role.

Just gave forms a spin in 7.2.1 and it seems some things have changed - Not sure it acts the same and it's been a while since I had to deal with Contour unfortunately so memory is suffering.

/Jan

Apr 17, 2015 @ 10:12
    Rolf Johansson

Jan,

sorry for the late reply to the late reply :)

I didn't look more into it, I just changed the users affected into Administrators and that solved the problem for now.
    I'll hopefully look more into the new Contour in the future, I saw that 7.2.4 had a new default Forms tab...

/Rolf

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft