Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anton Gildebrand 49 posts 149 karma points c-trib
    Feb 17, 2015 @ 09:51
    Anton Gildebrand

Texts in backoffice looks like [text]

I've purchased and installed Contour in my 7.2.1 installation. However, a lot of the texts in the backoffice have names like [contour] and [sections_contour]. This doesn't look very good to show our client, and we'd like to solve this as quickly as possible. My spontanious thought is that there is some i18n stuff not working correct, but that's just a guess. 

What could be the problem, and how to solve?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 17, 2015 @ 09:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anton

By Contour I suppose you mean forms? Contour was reborn as forms recently and is another codebase etc. - So it can be a bit confusing.

If you installed Contour on your 7.2.1 though I think you should uninstall it - If possible and then install Forms instead.

The above issue seems to be related to some missing translation keys for some reason. But instead of fixing that I think you should switch to forms instead and see if the issue still remains after doing so.

Hope this makes sense.

/Jan

Feb 17, 2015 @ 09:59
    Anton Gildebrand

Well that confuses me very much... Did i purchase the wrong product, because forms was actually what I wanted but couldn't find any newer version of Contour... I'm pretty sure I have the old version.

Is it possible to switch a Contour license for a Forms?

Feb 17, 2015 @ 10:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anton

I can understand that - It is also confusing indeed. But I think that a Contour license is valid for use with Forms as well. So I think you can just keep the license and then uninstall Contour and install forms instead.

In regards to installing forms there should be a forms section in the 7.2.1 installation, which enables forms out of the box (Well initially it takes you to an installation guide).

If the form section does not appear after uninstalling Contour you should be able to get latest stable version of forms from here http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoForms/4.0/ - Look for the UmbracoForms.Package.4.0.1.zip

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Feb 17, 2015 @ 10:56
    Anton Gildebrand

Tack Jan :)

Installed Forms and gotta say it's a really good product! The license seems to work as well. Weird thing though, the section name is [forms] and the title in the section is [sections_forms], just like before but with forms. Why is this? 

Feb 17, 2015 @ 11:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anthon

You're welcome. Hmm, I think it's because some translation keys are missing from the ui.xml - In the nightly site you should be able to get a .zip file containing the files where you should be able to find a version of the ui.xml with forms translation keys in it.

The try either overwriting the entire file in /Umbraco/Config/Create/ui.xml or simply just merge the two files using winmerge for instance.

I hope this makes sense.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft