Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim Anderson 20 posts 83 karma points
    Feb 17, 2015 @ 15:41
    Tim Anderson

Contour / distributed call forms not rendering on slave instances

Hi,

I am currently in the process of testing a current Umbraco 6.2.x site with distributed call enabled to isolate any issues before rolling out to production.

Everything seems to be going as planned with exception of Contour (latest 3.x version). I initially removed the Umbraco folder (except the masterpages and webservices folders) on the server instances on the slave instances as per the Umbraco tutorial videos suggest being able to do.

However doing this means that any pages with Contour forms do not work and we get an error in place of the form where the macro is placed. Re-instating the umbracoContour folder found in the plugins directory and disabling form caching in the umbracoContour.config file reinstates Contour to operational status on the slave instances.

I was hoping if anyone knew which files could be safely removed to allow Contour to function correctly in a load balanced setup where all non-essential files in the Umbraco folder are removed from non publishing servers.

It would not be the end of the world to keep the Plugins\umbracoContour folder in place on the slave instances - however if possible I would prefer to remove files that aren't needed to render the forms correctly and any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Tim

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft