Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2522 karma points c-trib
    Feb 19, 2015 @ 23:51
    Craig100

SQL Azure compatibility - Forms

V7.2.1

While exporting my SLQ Express 2012 DB to Data-tier Application to upload on Azure Blob Storage, to restore a new DB for a test site, I get the following error which appears to be due to an empty Forms table:-

One or more unsupported elements were found in the schema used as part of a data package.
    Error SQL71564: Table Table: [dbo].[UFUserSecurity] does not have a clustered index.  Clustered indexes are required for inserting data in this version of SQL Server.
     (Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac)

Can this table be safely excluded from the DB or is it necessary. OR any other way of fixing this?
    Any advice appreciated,
    Craig
    Mar 02, 2015 @ 11:47
    Craig100

Ok, if I create my own clustered index for this table, does it matter what I call it (asked for in the SLQ Server dialogue)? 

Cheers,

Craig

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jul 02, 2015 @ 13:34
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Craig,

Did you find a solution or workaround for this?

I've just hit the same issue with making a BACPAC export from SQL Azure. I'm no DBA, not sure how to fix it yet.

Thanks,
    - Lee

Jul 02, 2015 @ 13:55
    Craig100

Hi Lee,

I just created a clustered index for each table it complained about. It then ran through ok.

In MSSQLMS, expand the table, right click on Indexes, then New Index and select Clustered Index, then follow your nose.

I was using MSSQLMS 2012. If you use 2014 I think it sorts itself out.

HTH

Craig

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jul 02, 2015 @ 14:12
    Lee Kelleher

Thanks Craig! I'm using MSSQLMS 2012 too.

I'm fairly new to Azure/SQL stuff, so wasn't entirely sure of the impact of creating a clustered index for those tables.

Cheers,
    - Lee

Jul 02, 2015 @ 14:23
    Craig100

Yes, I hit Azure with a fairly big site and was taken aback by how different the process is to what I thought was simply create a database and restore from a .bak file. But MS had other thoughts. I still don't understand why it's so complicated. Took ages to work out the simple steps to get it done, which I forget everytime of course and have to work it out again!

If I remember, you upload your bacpac file to blob storage then create a DB based on the file you uploaded. Hope I got that right!

Good luck.

Craig

• Ben Norman 167 posts 276 karma points
    Mar 23, 2016 @ 06:50
    Ben Norman

Run this SQL Statement to fix it.

ALTER TABLE dbo.UFUserSecurity ADD CONSTRAINT
        PK_UFUserSecurity PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED 
        (
        [User]
        ) ON [PRIMARY]
    GO