Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex 30 posts 120 karma points
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 02:22
    Alex

Issues sending email from contour form

Hi,

I am having problems sending emails through my contact-us form. I tried both one I made, and one based on the existing form template with the same result unfortunately.

This is the results appearing in the trace.log file:

mbraco.Forms.Core.Providers\WorkflowTypes\SendEmail.cs:line 123 at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.WorkflowService.ExecuteWorkflows(List`1 workflows, RecordEventArgs e) 2015-02-23 14:14:38,927 [32] WARN Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 87] Error returning dictionary item 'Submit'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Submit exists in dictionary at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Dictionary.DictionaryItem..ctor(String key) at Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary.get_Item(String key) 2015-02-23 14:14:38,927 [32] WARN Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 87] Error returning dictionary item 'Previous'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Previous exists in dictionary at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Dictionary.DictionaryItem..ctor(String key) at Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary.get_Item(String key) 2015-02-23 14:14:38,927 [32] WARN Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 87] Error returning dictionary item 'Next'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Next exists in dictionary at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Dictionary.DictionaryItem..ctor(String key) at Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary.get_Item(String key)

Would this ring a bell for anyone?

I configured both the smt/port and the email from settings, could this be some kind of permission issue?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions :)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 05:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Alex

What version of Umbraco are you using? And is it Contour or Umbraco Forms you're using? It seems like you're missing som dictionary items in the Settings -> Dictionary section.

If you go there do you see any keys named "Submit" and "Previous" ? If not then try to create them and specify a value. I think that is the issue.

Apart from that you should of course also make sure to setup your SMTP informations in the web.config and set a sender e-mail address in the /config/UmbracoSettings.config - At least with Contour this was necessary it might have changed in Forms.

A nice tool for testing if the e-mails are sent is to use the smtp4dev tool http://smtp4dev.codeplex.com/

/Jan

Feb 23, 2015 @ 21:41
    Alex

Hi Jan,

thank you for the replyy. indeed I did not set the dictionary items, should I just put "English" in there? IT still does not seem to work as I am getting another error, but it is progress.

I am using contour as you guessed.

The smtp information are set to the right mailserver with no firewall problem (they can talk), and the sender email is send as well. 

Feb 24, 2015 @ 04:51
    Alex

Alright, I am down to this:

at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)

at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.WorkflowTypes.SendEmail.Execute(Record record, RecordEventArgs e) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\fd622d7f786e1305\Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers\WorkflowTypes\SendEmail.cs:line 123

at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.WorkflowService.ExecuteWorkflows(List`1 workflows, RecordEventArgs e) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\fd622d7f786e1305\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Services\WorkflowService\WorkflowService.cs:line 148

I will have a look at that smtp4dev link you provided now.
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 05:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Alex

Hmm, what exact version of Contour are you using? And on what version of Umbraco? - The error messages described above stem from Umbraco.Forms it seems now that I have a closer look since it says "Umbraco.Forms.Core"...If I remember correctly the Contour binaries was named "Umbraco.Contour.X".

With those new errors listed above I don't think your test will work when using smtp4dev anyway.

Looking foward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Feb 24, 2015 @ 05:39
    Alex

Thanks for the fast reply. I am using Umbraco 7.1.8 and the latest contours 3.0.24.

I believe contours uses umbraco.forms as well. And the workflow is the part that registers events like submit where my sendEmail action is setup.

Feb 24, 2015 @ 07:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Alex

I'm afraid I'm clueless on this one - Perhaps you should try checking the issue tracker to see if there are any bugs filed about this.

As a last resort...have you tried to simply just recycle the app pool and see if it works then?

Feb 24, 2015 @ 08:45
    Alex

I will have a look at the issue tracker. But could you please clarify what you mean by recycling the app pool?

Again, thanks for the help.

Feb 24, 2015 @ 22:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Alex

Sorry about the late reply - It's simple. You can recycle the application pool running the website (IIS) or you can just "touch" the web.config file by opening it and hitting save. This will recycle the application pool as well.

Hope this makes sense :)

/Jan

Feb 24, 2015 @ 22:26
    Alex

Oh, thank you for the clarification, I did that :). And don't apologize mate.

And I think I figured it out. It fails to connect to my mail server. I will have a look with our network guys make sure the firewalls are set properly.

mment: umbracoForms:System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond MYMAILSERVER:MYMAILSERVER:PORT

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.ServicePoint.GetConnection(PooledStream PooledStream, Object owner, Boolean async, IPAddress& address, Socket& abortSocket, Socket& abortSocket6)

at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, Boolean async, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback)

at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback)

at System.Net.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Object owningObject, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback, Int32 creationTimeout)

at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.GetConnection(ServicePoint servicePoint)

at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.GetConnection(ServicePoint servicePoint)

at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.GetConnection()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.WorkflowTypes.SendEmail.Execute(Record record, RecordEventArgs e) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\fd622d7f786e1305\Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers\WorkflowTypes\SendEmail.cs:line 123

at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.WorkflowService.ExecuteWorkflows(List`1 workflows, RecordEventArgs e) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\fd622d7f786e1305\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Services\WorkflowService\WorkflowService.cs:line 148

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft