Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andreas Pfanner 196 posts 314 karma points
    Feb 26, 2015 @ 15:26
    Andreas Pfanner

Form hidden after submit

Hi,

I've built a form with Umbraco Forms on 7.2.2. After submitting, the submit page is shown (correct). When I visit the page which contains the form again, the form is not shown, but only the success text is visible. When I then visit the page again the form is shown again.

Is this the desired behavior?

Best Regards Andreas

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 26, 2015 @ 16:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andreas

So it's first on the second visit that you see the form again? Do you hit the url directly or do you use the browsers back button or a back link or something like that?

/Jan

• Andreas Pfanner 196 posts 314 karma points
    Feb 26, 2015 @ 16:24
    Andreas Pfanner

Hi Jan,

I select the page in the navigation menu of the site. Then I fill out the form and submit. The submit page is shown properly. Then I select the same page in the navigation menu of the site again (as before), so the page is fully reloaded. The form isn't shown, but only the success message. Then I select the same page in the navigation menu of the site again (as before), and the form is shown.

Just wondered if there is a time limit (for anti-spam or anti multi-submit) after submitting that is responsible for that behavior.

Best Regards Andreas

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 26, 2015 @ 16:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andreas

Ok, that is indeed really weird. What happens if you submit and then wait 5 minutes before you go back to the page again? Is it then still the same? In my ears it sounds like a bug but perhaps it's a good idea for you to test this scenario before reporting it.

/Jan

• Andrei Hurynovich 5 posts 25 karma points
    Aug 21, 2015 @ 13:20
    Andrei Hurynovich

I observe the same behavior. The interesting thing is that if to delete a session cookie (should be done after submit but before you go back to form) the from is normally shown instead of success message. looks like the information about the necessity to display the success message is kept in the session. I wonder if anyone has a solution to this issue or has it been fixed already?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft