Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul 4 posts 75 karma points
    Mar 10, 2015 @ 11:12
    Paul

Default value not being loaded

Good Morning,

I am fairly new to Umbraco so I'm still getting used to how it works, but I haven't had any real problems until now.

I have created a code first form with properties such as

[Field("", "",

Caption = "Test",

Type = typeof(Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.FieldTypes.Textfield),

Mandatory = true,

DefaultValue = "[#test]")]

public string Test{ get; set; }

In the development environment the property is loaded out correctly, but when I deploy the site to our staging environment the field is blank.

I have checked the back office, the form is defined correctly with the default value in the additional settings area of the form. The document type includes a property with the alias "test" and the content defines a value for the property.

I have deleted everything in App_Data, republished the entire site. Cleared the browser cache. Nothing seems to get that field to display the default value from the content section.

Do anyone have an idea of what I might be missing?

Kind Regards,

Paul

• Paul 4 posts 75 karma points
    Mar 10, 2015 @ 15:00
    Paul

I have worked this one out, in umbracoSettings.config I have distributedCall="true" with a single server in the servers section to get scheduled publishing working because without it I get strange requests for port 443 over http but thats another issue.

Simply settings distributedCall="false" and the default value in the form loads correctly.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft