Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• brian 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 07, 2010 @ 00:07
    brian

Contour installation issue - does it require .NET 3.5?

i purchased and installed Contour on my local machine and everything went fine. i then tried to install Contour (from the package repository) on our live server and the installation reported a bunch of errors. in fact, everything failed *except* adding the form datatype. all of the errors were similar and started with:

"System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies."

does Contour require .NET 3.5? if not, any ideas on why that error would be showing up? (i can post the entire stack trace if that is helpful, just didnt want to clutter up the post if there was a simple answer).

Umbraco v 4.0.3
    Windows Server 2003
    IIS 6
    SQL Server 2005

thanks,

- brian

• Evan Jardine 108 posts 168 karma points
    Jan 07, 2010 @ 01:16
    Evan Jardine

Hi Brian

Yes, Contour requires Asp.net 3.5 ajax assemblies.

Cheers

Evan

• Meredith 10 posts 31 karma points
    Jan 26, 2010 @ 18:39
    Meredith

Not sure where to make this suggestion, so I will make it here.  Would it be possible to add a system requirements section to the package repository where these types of requirements could be listed?  Seems like that could be a useful piece of information when browsing new packages via the repository.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft