Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 20 posts 61 karma points
    Mar 12, 2015 @ 10:00
    Tom

Umbraco Forms and distributed calls

We've created a new website with Umbraco Forms. Unfortunately it causes some problems when running on multiple servers with distributed calls. The Umbraco part works fine. Forms can be created and deleted, but after an edit the changes aren't visible. It looks like the in memory cache isn't refreshed. After a manual recycle of the app pool in IIS the changes become visible.

Any solutions?

Using Umbraco 7.2.1 with Umbraco Forms 4.0WIP.4.0.0-Build.84, clean install.

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Mar 12, 2015 @ 20:22
    Matthew Kirschner

I would love a solution to this as well. Load balancing did not seem to be a consideration when Umbraco Forms was constructed.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 12, 2015 @ 20:36
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tom and Matthew,

have tried to search the issue tracker to see if I can find a similar problem, but I could not, so I think that you need to create a question on the issue tracker so that the entire HQ is aware that there may be a problem if you are using distributed calls.

Yon can create the issue here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/CON

And if you created an issue then please add the link to it in here so people that comes across this post can see there is an issue and vote for it.

/Dennis

• DayT 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 12, 2015 @ 20:49
    DayT

Thanks for your comment Dennis. I've added it as an issue:
    http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-705
    Hope they can fix it soon!

Mar 12, 2015 @ 20:49
    Matthew Kirschner

This one was created almost two months ago and hasn't gotten any attention. Load balancing concerns with Umbraco Forms have already been brought up by HQ in one or two threads.

@Tom, could you please up-vote the above issue.

In another issue regarding a Form's [non]functionality, Geoff Beaumont has an excellent comment that mentions load balancing issues, yet it didn't seem to garner any attention.

Mar 12, 2015 @ 21:17
    Tom

Upvoted.
    I hope this issue is fixed soon.
    We're hosting our sites in a cluster. At this time we can't go live with it, running on a single server isn't an option.

Mar 12, 2015 @ 21:25
    Matthew Kirschner

Yeah, it's pretty bad. One of our editors attempted to upgrade Forms on our live site and I think this somehow affected our installation. In the Entries view for any form, I'm now unable to sort by date and all I can see are today's entries.

It doesn't help that there hasn't been any updates from HQ regarding their build server issues. All we know is: it's having problems. Today is the last day of CodeGarden so I'm guessing their resources are scattered at the moment.

Mar 12, 2015 @ 21:39
    Tom

I guess they'll also need it fixed to run in Umbraco as a Service.

Apr 17, 2015 @ 12:20
    Tom

Any updates about this issue? Our customer has to call us after each edit in a form.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft