Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tony 105 posts 163 karma points
    Mar 31, 2015 @ 14:05
    Tony

Forms custom validation

Not quite sure why this was released in its current state, there seems to be so much missing (or the documentation isnt there)

In contour we have lots of custom validation on our forms, ie to check emails were not in use etc.. and to do this we used the FormRenderController_FormValidate in the ApplicationEventHandler. However this seems to have dissapeared? 

Does anyone know how to use custom validation on these forms? Seems like an essentail bit of functionality to me.??

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 31, 2015 @ 14:09
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tony,

The documentation for the Umbraco Forms, can be found here: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Products/UmbracoForms/

Hope this can help you.

/Dennis

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 31, 2015 @ 14:09

Yeah was gone but will be back in v4.0.3, you can already upgrade to a nightly http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoForms/nightlies/

Mar 31, 2015 @ 14:39
    Tony

Ah fantastic, will save countless hours rebuilding :)

Mar 31, 2015 @ 14:52

so  in Forms it will be the event Umbraco.Forms.Web.Controllers.UmbracoFormsController.FormValidate

Mar 31, 2015 @ 15:04
    Tony

Great, I was looking in that controller for a validation event previously, glad I was at least in the right area :)

Apr 01, 2015 @ 13:50
    Tony

How do I get the validation error messages to appear? Im adding them to the Model error collection as I did with contour but nothing is showing? 

private void FormRenderController_FormValidate(object sender, FormValidationEventArgs e)
    {
               if (e.Form.Name == FormTitles.ChoosePassword || e.Form.Name == FormTitles.ChangePassword)
               {
                   var s = sender as Controller;
                   if (s != null)
                  {
                       Field passwordField = e.Form.AllFields.SingleOrDefault(f => f.Caption == Captions.NewPassword);
                       Field confirmPasswordField = e.Form.AllFields.SingleOrDefault(f => f.Caption == Captions.ConfirmNewPassword);

if (passwordField != null && confirmPasswordField != null)
                       {
                           string password = e.Context.Request[passwordField.Id.ToString()];
                           string confirmPassword = e.Context.Request[confirmPasswordField.Id.ToString()];
                           if (password != confirmPassword)
                           {
    s.ModelState.AddModelError(confirmPasswordField.Id.ToString(), ErrorMessages.PasswordMismatch);
                           }
                       }
                   }
               }
    }

Apr 01, 2015 @ 13:52

That should do the trick, will try to reproduce

Apr 02, 2015 @ 10:36

Yeah just tested and it works like expected, are you sure the code is getting hit, so that your form captions are the ones you are checking for?

Apr 02, 2015 @ 11:02

Just tested the same setup and it works so I think it will have to do with the check on captions

Apr 02, 2015 @ 16:51
    Tony

Its hitting the code and adding the error to the collection but there is no validation showing, I couldnt see it in the source but I can take another look

Apr 23, 2015 @ 12:05
    Tony

Sorry for the slow response, Im back on this and cannot see the errors appear in the source code which is generated after the form is submitted, its hitting the validation and adding the errors to the model errors correctly? The standard mandatory validation on thr form itself works fine, just not the custom ones?

Apr 23, 2015 @ 13:01
    Tony

The standard forms validation is client side so works fine, but when the page is submitted it hits teh custom validation and adds the erro rmessages but does not reload the page which I assume is the reason it doesnt show teh error in the updated model?

• Simon 692 posts 1068 karma points
    Dec 23, 2015 @ 14:44
    Simon

Hi Tony,

First all, Happy Christmas.

Can I ask you how have you solved the issue you was encountering, regarding the custom validation error messages?

Thank you very much.

Dec 27, 2015 @ 11:37
    Simon

Hi Tony,

How have you solved the issue please?

Thank you.

Sep 18, 2015 @ 09:31
    Simon

Hi Guys,

Anyone can help me?

I am trying to do a custom validation for Umbraco forms but I do not have FormValidate:

Umbraco.Forms.Web.Controllers.UmbracoFormsController.FormValidate

FormValidate does not exist in UmbracoFormsController.

Any help please?

Kind Regards

Sep 18, 2015 @ 11:41
    Simon
     'Umbraco.Forms.Web.Controllers.UmbracoFormsController' does not contain a definition for 'FormValidate'

Dec 21, 2015 @ 21:06
    Simon

Hi Tony or someone,

Have you got a solution for this regarding to show the validation error please, because like yours, I cannot see an errors after the custom validation?

Thank you :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft