Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bob 15 posts 64 karma points
    Apr 09, 2015 @ 12:06
    Bob

Contour not picking up form created by Code First

Hi,

I'm using Contour 3.0.24-Build.31 with Umbraco 7.1.7.

I've followed instructions from https://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/developer/Code-first/ to add a .cs file to Models.Umbraco.dll.

The project compiles to the Umbraco\bin directory already, yet the instructions say "After compiling the project and dropping the assembly in the bin directory of your umbraco instance the code should sync with Contour and a new form will appear"

However, this hasn't happened. I'm sure I'm missing something silly here. Please could someone point me in the right direction? I've tried republishing, IISreset and refreshing nodes in the Contour module.

Thanks,

Bob

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 09, 2015 @ 15:18

Yeah it should just do the trick, can you check if you web.config has any contour entries?

• Bob 15 posts 64 karma points
    Apr 13, 2015 @ 12:00
    Bob

Thanks for getting back to me.

I saw that the staging environment had the following commented out:

<add name="ContourFormBuilderHttpModule" type="Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.ContourFormBuilderHttpModule, Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst" />

I added this without comments to my dev instance and recompiled, but still Contour won't sync up. There are no other instances of 'contour' in either web.config.

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 13, 2015 @ 12:46

there should be 2 entries related to contour for the code first to work

FIrst is in the httpmodules

<add name="ContourFormBuilderHttpModule" type="Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.ContourFormBuilderHttpModule, Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst" />

second is in system.webserver/modules

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft