Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Wilson 100 posts 377 karma points
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 11:17
    Chris Wilson

Code First in Umbraco Forms

In attempting to implement a code-first form using Umbraco Forms following the instructions for Contour (https://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/developer/Code-first/) I have found that FormBase does not exist.

Is there an alternative approach to implement code-first in Forms or is it simply not currently implemented?

Regards, Chris

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 11:24
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Chris,

I can see that you are looking at the documentation for Contour. You can find the documentation for Umbraco Forms here. https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Products/UmbracoForms/

Hope this can help,

/Dennis

Apr 10, 2015 @ 11:42
    Chris Wilson

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the response - I'm aware of the Umbraco Forms documentation, however unfortunately it is lacking the section on code-first development which is why I attempted to implement it in the old manner.

Are you able to advise on the implementation status of code-first within Forms?

Chris

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 11:47
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Chris,

I think the best man to know this is Tim, so if you are on Twitter you could try ping him there. I donĀ“t know if the Code first is available on Umbraco Forms yet.

/Dennis

Apr 10, 2015 @ 12:43
    Chris Wilson

Cheers Dennis,

I've given him a ping, we'll see what we get back :)

Chris

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 10, 2015 @ 12:56

Hey Chris, you are correct there is no code first approach in Forms and no plans on adding it, so if you want that functionallity I suggest you install Contour instead of Forms (still works fine in v7 and is being maintained)

Apr 10, 2015 @ 13:13
    Chris Wilson

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the heads up - I'll be sure to note that moving forward.

Is there a page anywhere stating the differences between / intended use cases for the two projects?

Chris

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 10, 2015 @ 13:15

Nope but from the top of my head the main differences are, no code first, less record states (so only submitted and approved), no user security, only records are stored in db, rest is stored as json on filesystem

Apr 10, 2015 @ 15:51
    Chris Wilson

Brilliant, I can make that work - thanks Tim.

Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft