Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lachlann 344 posts 626 karma points
    Apr 14, 2015 @ 12:29
    Lachlann

Umbraco FORMS (not contour) send workflow email to submitter of form

Hi All,

I am sing Umbraco Forms and i want to setup a workflow that sends an email to the person who submits a form. From this post: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/59436-Send-mail-workflow-not-parsing-page-properties

I understand that I should be able to do this by setting the email address in the workflow to {email} where email is the label title of the field that the users email address should go to.

In my setup I have the field defined as Email Address I have tried setting up the workflow with {EmailAddress}, {emailAddress}, {emailaddress} also tried changing the form label to 'email' and using {email} in the work flow but I get nothing.

Can anyone shed any light?

My developer package manager tells me I have UmbracoForms.Package.4.0.0-Build.106 of forms installed.

Cheers

L

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 14, 2015 @ 13:35

hey, and if you fill in a fixed email address does it send anything then?

Apr 14, 2015 @ 14:26
    Lachlann

Hey Tim,

Yeah it all works if i just use a fixed email address.

Apr 14, 2015 @ 14:27
    Lachlann

If the Field label is something like 'Email Address' wha would the value i put in the {} be?

Apr 14, 2015 @ 14:51

should be all lowercase so {emailaddress}

Apr 14, 2015 @ 16:42

Just tested this locally and it works like expected, so to debug this I would need your site, any chance you can send the site and db to tg at umbraco dot com ?

Apr 15, 2015 @ 12:49
    Lachlann

Thanks Tim,

I dont think i will be able to send you the site and DB unfortunatly as it is for a big private client. We had some issues with hte install so perhaps it is related to that. I will keep digging.

L

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft