Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garpur Dagsson 29 posts 164 karma points
    Apr 20, 2015 @ 15:02
    Garpur Dagsson

How to access record id after submit

Hi

I am trying to Dropzone.js to allow users to upload content,

I have created a simple upload form that I post to using ajax behind the scenes (this works, the files get uploaded fine), 

my problem is that I need to get the recordId (or full path) for the file just uploaded.

I found some hints as to how that can be done but they don't work :(  (eg http://www.proworks.com/blog/2013/07/18/how-to-display-the-submitted-record-from-umbraco-contour-on-the-thank-you-page/ )

Is anyone doing something similar and can help?

cheers, 

Garpur

• Urvish 252 posts 776 karma points
    Apr 20, 2015 @ 15:11
    Urvish

Hi Garpur,

I don't know about the Dropzone.js.

But for the recordId(or full path) you can return the string from the server method where you are posting.

And than you can give that value to hidden variable or session or etc. in success of ajax post.

If you can share some code than it will be more clear to solve the issue.

Regards,

Urvish Mandaliya

• Garpur Dagsson 29 posts 164 karma points
    Apr 20, 2015 @ 15:29
    Garpur Dagsson

Hi Urvish,

The thing is that I am not writing any serverside code :)

I am just posting to an Umbraco form that then redirects to a "thank you" page,

According to the examples I found I should be able to extract stuff from the queryString but that does not seem to work :(

on my "thank you" page  @Request.QueryString.HasKeys() returns False indicating that there is no data in the Querystring,

I am wondering if there is something special I need to do to ensure that the QueryString gets sent ?

cheers,

garpur

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft