Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lucas Chasteen 24 posts 92 karma points
    Apr 21, 2015 @ 00:02
    Lucas Chasteen

Umbraco Forms v4.01 - Multi-page form losing record data

We have a number of users who have created multi-page forms with the new Umbraco Forms (usually in the forms of surveys).  We recently received word from one user that they are occasionally losing mandatory data on form entries in these forms.  The data loss is always on a page boundary so on the 3-page form, generally only the last page will be recorded to the database.

Poking through, it looks like by the time the submission comes around, somehow the TempData dictionary was cleared of previous page values.  The form still validates (as it only validates on the current page) but a significant amount of information is missing.  The UFRecordData... tables appear not to have rows for these entries and the UFRecords RecordData column has empty single quotes in its JSON.

I've been able to recreate this by disabling cookies but I don't suspect that that is the only culprit here (10% of form submissions in one case!)

Has anyone come across this behavior and/or know any good way of troubleshooting or logging this?  I don't see any log messages coming from Umbraco Forms, which is unfortunate.

• Kenny Burns 173 posts 305 karma points
    Jul 09, 2015 @ 16:21
    Kenny Burns

Hello,

Did you manage to solve this issue as we are currently experiencing the same issue?

Thanks,

Kenny

• Lucas Chasteen 24 posts 92 karma points
    Jul 09, 2015 @ 16:25
    Lucas Chasteen

We have not solved this, but we haven't had any reports of it happening in some time (and I haven't had time to comb the databases to see if it is still happening).

I did open a ticket on issues.umbraco.org here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-733

If you've got steps to reproduce this, it'd be appreciated if you could add them to the issue.

• maurice 8 posts 57 karma points
    Aug 31, 2016 @ 11:37
    maurice

We've experienced the same issue. Please see http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-733#comment=67-31056 for a possible solution.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft