Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gerjan 19 posts 78 karma points
    Apr 22, 2015 @ 20:29
    Gerjan

7.2 Click here to create a new form based on this datasource = error

Umbraco 7.2.4

Contour/Forms: 3.0.26

Click here to create a new form based on this datasource (Saves record data as a umbraco documentresults in error. 

Server Error in '/' Application.

umbraco.interfaces.IDataPrevalue is a legacy object and is not supported by runtime generated umbraco.interfaces.IDataType instances to maintain backwards compatibility with the legacy APIs. Consider upgrading your code to use the new Services APIs.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NotSupportedException: umbraco.interfaces.IDataPrevalue is a legacy object and is not supported by runtime generated umbraco.interfaces.IDataType instances to maintain backwards compatibility with the legacy APIs. Consider upgrading your code to use the new Services APIs.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NotSupportedException: umbraco.interfaces.IDataPrevalue is a legacy object and is not supported by runtime generated umbraco.interfaces.IDataType instances to maintain backwards compatibility with the legacy APIs. Consider upgrading your code to use the new Services APIs.]
       Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.BackwardsCompatibleDataType.get_PrevalueEditor() +190
       Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.DatasourceTypes.UmbracoNodes.GetAvailableFields() in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\fd622d7f786e1305\Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers\DatasourceTypes\UmbracoNodes.cs:128
       Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dialogs.createFormFromDataSourceDialog.OnInit(EventArgs e) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\fd622d7f786e1305\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Dialogs\createFormFromDataSourceDialog.aspx.cs:61
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +186
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2098

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34237

Apr 22, 2015 @ 20:35
    Gerjan

edit, oh strange i see a version 4.1 is there. I will try that first. 

edit 2, ok fixed, somehow i installed that really old contour version (got it from the repository in de Dev section..) and things to messed up.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 22, 2015 @ 20:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Gerjan

Did installing Umbraco Forms fix the issue? Sorry, just a bit confused about the edits about and want to make sure that you're not having problems anymore :)

/Jan

Apr 22, 2015 @ 20:49
    Gerjan

Hi Jan, yes it did (uninstalled Contour and installed Forms).

My mistake! :) But I think the Umbraco Package Repository needs an update.

Gerjan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 22, 2015 @ 22:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Gerjan

Ok, good :) - Yeah...It's not ideal...I think that there should probably be some work done so it's not possible to install packages that are not compatible with the version of Umbraco one is using...but happy to hear you managed to figure everything out.

Happy coding!

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft