Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Crawford Tait 11 posts 64 karma points
    Apr 24, 2015 @ 11:24
    Crawford Tait

Forms 4.1 - migrated forms become uneditable, possibly after a submission

I migrated a multi-page Contour form successfully and was able to edit it to add prevalues back in etc, I also got the front end rendering working and everything was fine. However, on 2 or 3 occasions now, when I return to edit the form I find an error being thrown. I previously put this down to some glitch and re-migrated the form, but it happens repeatedly - I think possibly after the form has been submitted in the front end?

Error is:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'order'.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters)

at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.SqlServer.SqlServerHelper.ExecuteReader(String commandText, SqlParameter[] parameters)

at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters)

Apr 24, 2015 @ 13:34
    Crawford Tait

Seems to be intermittent!

• Gerjan 19 posts 78 karma points
    Apr 24, 2015 @ 14:30
    Gerjan

I just happen to have the same error after i made a form (using Umbraco 7.2.4 Forms 4.1) with a worfklow action to create a node when Approved...

After a test entry and approvel i get that error too. 

//edit, after i made another test entry (this time with correct SMTP settings), it works again.. Strange

Apr 29, 2015 @ 13:19
    Gerjan

Hi Crawford did you get any answer somewhere?

Apr 29, 2015 @ 14:52
    Crawford Tait

No, but I noticed the saem as you - if I submit another entry it went away, not sure if it's toggling on form submissions!

• Comment author was deleted

May 06, 2015 @ 09:28

Hey,

Would it be possible to send me a copy of the site that is having the issue (tg at umbraco dot com) since I can't reproduce at the moment and would love to solve this bug

May 07, 2015 @ 21:49
    Gerjan

Hi Tim,

What files etc do you need? All web files + db?

• Comment author was deleted

May 08, 2015 @ 10:22

Yup but you can exlude /media and /app_data/temp , thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft