Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ran Chen 40 posts 117 karma points
    Apr 27, 2015 @ 13:37
    Ran Chen

Umbraco Forms - confirmation email

Hello,

I would like to add a simple functionality in Umbraco Forms:

After form submission , a confirmation email will be send to the person registered, only by clicking a link from this email the submission will be approved.

Do I need to develop it by myself ? all the documentations I have found are related to Contour and not Umbraco Forms.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 27, 2015 @ 14:02
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ran,

Just want to provide you the documentation for the Umbraco Forms. You can find the documentation here: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Products/UmbracoForms/

I think you need to develop something yourself, I havenĀ“t heard about an function where the submission will be approved by click a link from the email. But you can send a email to the person who fillout the form.

Hope the Umbraco Forms documentation can help you,

/Dennis

• Ran Chen 40 posts 117 karma points
    Apr 27, 2015 @ 15:08
    Ran Chen

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Apperantly (as for other Umbraco pdocuts) that documentation is quite basic and not suffient.

I do mange to get the form record using DynamicRecordList GetRecordsFromForm(string formId)

and also to get a specific record state using record.State.

However, I could not find the following:

1 . record.state - should be of type "FormState" but I cannot find where this type contstans are stored
    (tried to use Umbraco.Forms.Core.Enums.FormState.Approved)

2. How do I modify the FormState of a record from a cshtml file ?

Thanks 

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Apr 29, 2015 @ 16:59
    Matthew Kirschner

@Ran,

Good luck with this. In my experience, it was far easier to implement my own forms using traditional MVC - or MV(Surface)C, in Umbraco's case). There isn't nearly enough quality documentation or examples for UForms to allow me the flexibility I need.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft