Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrick 9 posts 59 karma points
    May 05, 2015 @ 10:29
    Patrick

Bought license with correct domain but YSOD on clients website

Hi

I have bought a license for a client and received umbracoforms.lic, the error i get on my YSOD is regarding the umbraco.licensing dll which i have not received. It is very hard to find some contact information even though it is mentioned as a last alternative in the issues section regarding the forms.

"My license file doesn't work

The license checks your domain and IP. If these doesn't match, the application will fail. If the license file is not in the /Bin directory, the application will automaticly switch to trial mode. If your license continues to fail. Please contact us."

Can someone please contact me regarding this issue so that i can help my client. The domain and site is www.artdatabanken.se and one of the forms can be found under http://www.artdatabanken.se/kontakt/tyck-till-om-webbplatsen/

Regards
    Patrick

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 05, 2015 @ 11:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Patrick

When you bought the license you should be able to configure the domains and then be able to download it - It's not being sent to you as far as I recall. So you need to download it and place it in the /bin folder.

Hope this helps - Otherwise get in touch with support at http://umbraco.com/contact/send-us-an-email for instance or try tweeting tim geyssens about the issue.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

May 05, 2015 @ 13:05
    Patrick

Thank you for your reply :)

Perhaps i was unclear, my CTO ordered the license online (he have company creditcard) and made the configuration. He then sent me a file (.lic) and i just added it to the bin folder. Is it possible that he forgot to dl a file? I know he did the domainsettings because he asked me for a dev domain so that he could add this one as well. Well, i will try to get hold of him and see if there is something that he missed in the process

May 06, 2015 @ 10:07
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Patrick

Ok if you have added the .lic file to the /bin folder it should work - however there might be a chance the your CTO made a configuration error so the domains might not be setup properly in the configuration? If not then I think one of you guys should try to get in touch with support if you have not done so already.

/Jan

May 06, 2015 @ 10:09
    Patrick

Hi

I just 10 minutes ago got nice help from Tim. I was lacking the umbraco licensing file for some reason (well, yes that was what the error told me... :) ) And i got a link to the particular dll from a nightly. All is solved and i am happy boy again :)

May 06, 2015 @ 10:13
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Patrick

Ok, good to hear that - I know how frustrating things like this can be but fortunately Tim is always ready to help :)

Happy coding!

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft