Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sunil Kumar K C 14 posts 34 karma points
    Jun 05, 2015 @ 12:00
    Sunil Kumar K C

Can we use Umbraco Contour on different systems using same database and same domain?

Hi,

I have installed contour licensed version in my system with localhost as domain and it works fine. What is the procedure to install in other system which uses the same Database and domain? When I tried installing in other system with the same database I lost the contour icon on both systems back office. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks Sunil

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 05, 2015 @ 12:20
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Sunil,

I am not 100% sure what you are meaning by use Umbraco Contour on different systems using same database and same domain. So you have a domain where Contour is running just fine, and then you want to setup other website that uses Umbraco Contour.

In Umbraco is possible to run mulpile websites in the same installation, but this will only make sense if the websites can share the same setup with templates and document types, else it will make most sense for you to make two Umbraco installations, where the have their own database.

In both situations you need a license for each site. A Contour license will cover the following.

A single license covers a single installation of Contour in production environments, as well as two additional development environments.  The license allows for an unlimited number of forms.  It is valid for 1 production domain, and 2 development domains.  Each domain includes all sub-domains (*.domain.tld), as well as .local extension (domain.tld.local).  The license also will include localhost as a valid domain.

Data collected on non-licensed domains will not be stored, so please validate that all site accesible domains are licensed, or properly redirect to the licensed domain.

You can add additional domains for 59 EUR, a Umbraco Contour / Forms license costs 99 EUR

Hope this helps, and makse, and I have understand your question correctly

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft