Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jesse Elve 1 post 21 karma points
    Jun 14, 2015 @ 18:13
    Jesse Elve

Latest Contour installation completely breaks latest Umbraco

I just tried to install Contour into my Azure-hosted Umbraco site and now the only thing served by the site is a runtime error.

The Umbraco site was freshly installed from the Azure Gallery of web apps. As reported in the Gallery, it was version 7.2.5:

Version 7.2.5 
    Release Date 5/15/2015 
    Publisher umbraco.org 

First, I attempted to install Contour from the Umbraco PRO repository using the Developer tab of the backoffice site. This failed with a JavaScript dialog with the text "invalid hostname".

Then, I downloaded the latest Contour package (v 3.0.27) and attempted to install it as a local package (again from the Developer tab of the backoffice site.) There was no indication that the install was ever completed and, after a few seconds, I got a full-page runtime error page which is now the only thing that the site serves (front or back). The only thing that I can do at this point is delete the site and start again from scratch.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Demand a refund for Contour? Try to manually install an earlier version of Umbraco so that I can use it?

This is quite urgent for me and any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Comment author was deleted

Jun 15, 2015 @ 08:22

Hey Jesse,

Do you remember what the run time error was? I'm sure we can get it running :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft