Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marianne Larsen 22 posts 94 karma points
    Jun 16, 2015 @ 08:27
    Marianne Larsen

Umbraco 7.2.2 & Forms

Hi i'm having a few problems with the Umbraco Forms:

1. When i enter the forms tab in Umbraco i get a screen with an install button - although the forms module is installed and in use on the site.

2. On the frontend of the site, when i fill out a form - correctly - and submit it, the forms is registered in Umbraco backend, but the form page just reloads the forms without data. Note - this form is set to show message on submit.

3. Another problem is when filling out a form with incorrect data or missing data - then the form is reloaded but no validation summary is shown. Note - mandatory fields is set on the form and the form is set to show summary on validation.

Any ideas whats going wrong?

/Marianne

• Carl Jackson 139 posts 478 karma points
    Jun 16, 2015 @ 11:52
    Carl Jackson

Did you recently upgrade umbraco at all? Or re deploy to the server?

It sounds like the Dashboard.config file has changed to what is there before you install Umbraco Forms.

How are you displaying the form, is it with a Macro?

The last two issues sound like there may be some redirection happening somewhere before the form is displayed, do you use a custom controller on the document type?

Thanks

Carl

• Marianne Larsen 22 posts 94 karma points
    Jun 17, 2015 @ 06:38
    Marianne Larsen

Thanks - i now have forms that works !

• Carl Jackson 139 posts 478 karma points
    Jun 16, 2015 @ 11:54
    Carl Jackson

Alternatively if you have just setup / installed forms and it never worked you could have file permission issues on the server so Umbraco can't write to the config files.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft