Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andreas Pfanner 196 posts 314 karma points
    Jun 17, 2015 @ 16:11
    Andreas Pfanner

Umbraco Forms - submit message

Hi,

I am using the latest release of Umbraco Forms to build a form containing 2 pages (steps). On submit, a redirect to another page is set. On the target page, there is a link to access the form again. When I click this link, I get the form page, but only see the submit message (text). Only if I hit F5 then, I get to the first page of the form again.

Why? How can I solve this? The users should be able to access the form again after submitting (for making another submission) just by clicking a standard link and without hitting F5.

Best Regards Andreas

• Comment author was deleted

Jun 18, 2015 @ 07:44

That's strange, will try to reproduce

How do you do the redirect, just by setting it up in the UI I assume?

Jun 18, 2015 @ 07:48

Ok just did a test and I can confirm the behaviour, looking into a fix now.

Jun 18, 2015 @ 08:15
    Andreas Pfanner

Hi Tim,

right, I guess you did the same, I just set the redirect in the submit actions of the form (instead of setting a message text).

Glad you could reproduce, maybe you can then give me a way to work around, if a fix isn't possible soon (I need it working in the next few days).

Thanks, Andreas

Jun 18, 2015 @ 08:29

Looking into it now so should have a fix for you today/tomorrow

Jun 18, 2015 @ 09:12
    Andreas Pfanner

Hi Tim,

that would be great. I just figured out another behavior I can't explain right now: If I submit a form multiple times in sequence (actually hitting F5 after clicking the link of the form to workaround the known issue), I get the text boxes pre-filled with the values from the prior submission. It doesn't look like browser auto fill, and I haven't set default values for the text boxes. Using Chrome as browser. Can you reproduce that, too? It seems like Umbraco Forms sets stored values from Session (or other persistent state information) to the text boxes.

Best Regards Andreas

Jun 18, 2015 @ 09:16
    Andreas Pfanner

Hi Tim,

again to the auto fill problem: I disabled auto fill in Chrome, so the pre-values must be set by Umbraco Forms I guess..

Hope that helps

Best Regards Andreas

Jun 19, 2015 @ 08:08

Thanks for the extra details , haven't seen that behaviour, will check if I can repro that one

Jun 19, 2015 @ 08:34

Ok think I found the fix, just doing some final tests before I put a build up for you

Jun 19, 2015 @ 09:55

Ok you can upgrade to the following build: http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoForms/nightlies/UmbracoForms.Files.4.1.4-WIP.Build.55.zip

It's not a package but an archive containing all files, so you'll have to extract and then replace the existing files to upgrade

Jun 22, 2015 @ 08:42
    Andreas Pfanner

Hi Tim,

great, now it works as expected!

Thanks, Andreas

Jun 22, 2015 @ 09:57

THanks for confirming!

Jun 22, 2015 @ 13:47
    Andreas Pfanner

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately I've got another problem. Is it possible that hidden fields are also not updated properly and can hold previous values?

I have a hidden field "MID" in my form which holds the current member id (default value: {member.id}).

When submitting the form with user1, logging off, logging on with user 2 and submitting the form again the member id of user 1 gets submitted. Is pretty the same than the pre values in the text boxes, but with hidden fields. Can you confirm that?

Best Regards Andreas

Jun 29, 2015 @ 13:20
    Andreas Pfanner

Hi Tim,

any infos/news on the hidden field persistence?

Best Regards Andreas

Jul 02, 2015 @ 09:46

Hey Andreas, unfortunately i haven't been able to reproduce the behaviour.

Is there something special about your setup? Are you using load balancing?

Jul 02, 2015 @ 20:34
    Andreas Pfanner

Hi Tim,

no, absolutely not. Just a simple site, standard Umbraco membership (no custom provider or something), and a pretty simple form.

I just use a hidden field "MemberID" with the default value {member.id}.

I log into the frontend with member1 and access the form. The MemberID field is correctly set with id of member1 (also approved on the source code of the form). After submitting the form (everything ok), I logoff and log on with member2. When accessing the form, the hidden field value of "MemberID" is the id of member1, and not of member2.

So it's the same as with the text fields before your fix (they also were set with values of the previous submit). While the problem with text fields is gone, the problem with hidden fields remain.

Are the values of hidden fields set by session variables or something? Or would it be possible, that the placeholder {member.id} doesn't bring the correct value to Umbraco Forms?

Best Regards Andreas

Jul 03, 2015 @ 10:47

THanks for the additional info, was able to reproduce the behaviour now

Looking into a fix atm, will keep you updated (will be today or monday)

Jul 03, 2015 @ 11:24

Could you test with the following http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoForms/nightlies/UmbracoForms.Files.4.2.0-WIP.Build.60.zip

it's not a package but an archive containing all files needed to perform an update

Jul 03, 2015 @ 12:21
    Andreas Pfanner

Hi Tim,

unfortunately, it isn't fixed yet. The wrong member id remains in the hidden field, until I do an application pool recycle/iisreset and refresh the page (then the correct id is present).

Best Regards Andreas

Jul 03, 2015 @ 12:22

Ok thanks for the quick test, looking deeper into the issue..

Jul 03, 2015 @ 12:52

Ok found it and fixed, you can update to the latest build that you can find here

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoForms/nightlies/UmbracoForms.Files.4.2.0-WIP.Build.61.zip

(it was due to some heavy caching, but altered now)

Have a great weekend!

Jul 03, 2015 @ 13:06
    Andreas Pfanner

Hi Tim,

thanks, it's working now!

Have a nice weekend too.

Best Regards Andreas

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft