Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ran Chen 40 posts 117 karma points
    Jul 09, 2015 @ 08:15
    Ran Chen

forms 7.2 api

Hi there,

Using the latest version of Forms (I believe this is the one equivalent to Contour - so I hope it the right place to post this question).

Installing and using the Forms is quite easy and straightforward, however I could not find and API documentation for this functionality.

I would like to be able to access the forms data from within the nodes , but could not find any code examples.

Any idea where should I start from ?

• Comment author was deleted

Jul 09, 2015 @ 08:44

So you want to access the record data from your c# code? Or what are you trying to accomplish, if you let me know I'll provide the necessary code snippets

• Ran Chen 40 posts 117 karma points
    Jul 09, 2015 @ 08:49
    Ran Chen

The form will be used mainly for event registration.

On the site itself I manage members .

I would like for example to search all the events this member is registered to (let's say searching by email address) .

Now, since forms creation is dynamic, sometimes the form will contain a field named "email" but sometimes it will not, so I will need to ignore such forms while I search.

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Jul 09, 2015 @ 17:25
    Matthew Kirschner

I'd like to add my vote for wanting actual Forms documentation. I've learned to live with outdated docs for Umbraco since it's free and open source, but the Pro packages could really use some professional documentation.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft