Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MarcinZ 4 posts 25 karma points
    Aug 28, 2015 @ 10:23
    MarcinZ

Umbraco Forms - files on disk

hi everybody, I just noticed that Umbraco Forms stores forms on the hard disk. Is it possible to move those JSONs to database? Is there a way to force Umbraco Forms to put it in database?

this approach to put forms JSONs on file storage is soo not-cloud-environment-friendly... (it won't work in Azure Web Sites or Cloud service, since the apps shouldnt persist state on storage)

any tips?

Aug 28, 2015 @ 10:33
    MarcinZ

one more question - why Umbraco Forms does not use FileSystemProvider to access file storage? if it did, then the problem would be gone, since the forms would end up on whatever storage people want - disk, Azure Blob, S3 or else.

• Chris Lord 58 posts 211 karma points
    Aug 28, 2015 @ 10:38
    Chris Lord

In a load balance environment would it just use the default load balancing in Umbraco, i.e. In 7.3 + all servers in the farm would pull the forms as it does content.

** This is my assumption and have not tried anything, can someone from HQ confirm this?

Aug 28, 2015 @ 10:41
    MarcinZ

I think they would not. If the forms are on file disk on server 1, then how the server 2 would even know what files server 1 has on its disk?

• Terence Jee 16 posts 87 karma points
    Jan 18, 2016 @ 22:43
    Terence Jee

Running into the same issue. We want to use Umbraco Forms on Windows Azure, but because the form data is stored on the file system... they get wiped out on deployment or when the cloud services restart. Is there any way to get the Umbraco Forms to use FileSystemProvider (Blob) or SQL to store and retrieve form information?

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Jan 19, 2016 @ 14:41
    Matthew Kirschner

I could also use database storage for forms in my load balanced environment. As it stands now, the servers don't immediately pick up on the new forms and the backoffice user either has to wait several minutes for the form to appear, or the site has to be restarted server side.

• Matt Ballington 8 posts 208 karma points
    Jan 26, 2016 @ 16:13
    Matt Ballington

We are having the same problem deploying forms to Azure. Has anyone come up with a solution?

Thanks

• Terence Jee 16 posts 87 karma points
    Jan 26, 2016 @ 16:19
    Terence Jee

I emailed the Umbraco Forms sales team and they sent me this reply: "Right now there is no options to choose where to store your forms, so this has been a side effect caused by the form being serialized to JSON on disk, so right now the Umbraco Forms canĀ“t be load balanced, but this is something we are aware of and is due to be scheduled & put into your backlog for issue and feature request for the Umbraco Forms product."

• Shannon 24 posts 45 karma points
    Feb 01, 2016 @ 07:59
    Shannon

This is quite an issue, I would prefer to have the option of storing the form information in the database

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft