Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garrett Fisher 341 posts 496 karma points
    Oct 09, 2015 @ 20:28
    Garrett Fisher

Saving Form Data After Return Trip to Remote Webservice

Really looking for some guidance on extending Contour to handle a special requirement I have for an Umbraco project. I have very little experience creating .NET usercontrols and no experience directly accessing the data layer in Umbraco so I thought I'd post here first to see if anyone is willing to give me some advice. Here's the situation.

Running Umbraco 6.2.5 with Contour 3.0.17.

I've got an event registration form I've created in Contour with a dozen or so fields. Because the client does not want to store ALL of this field data locally in Umbraco, my requirement is to post the form to a web service first - which I can apparently do using a Contour "approval" workflow. This API I am submitting against will then save the data I send on their end and then forward to PayPal, where the user will sign in and pay -- then PayPal is going to send back to me some sort of GUID and a boolean flag indicating that the user has paid. THIS is the data I need to save in Umbraco. I'm assuming PayPal will just redirect to www.mywebsite.com/event/register?guid=94AB83A2-7063-4B42-90FA-521766B33F73&paid=1.

So I need a page essentially to grab these querystring (or POST - not sure yet) values and then to save them directly to whatever table Contour uses for entries (UFRecords?).

How can I leverage Contour to do this? Or am I better off creating my own custom form?

In either case, how would I go about designing a usercontrol for this, or can it be done without one?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

//Garrett

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft