Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ajay Rathod 8 posts 77 karma points
    Oct 13, 2015 @ 06:20
    Ajay Rathod

I would like to make a few modifications to this forms feature, not sure if we can.

Hello EveryOne ,

I want to use the latest version of Umbraco, which has a new "forms" feature (for an additional license fee). I would like to make a few modifications to this forms feature, not sure if we can.

1) Encrypt all form results data for storage using strong encryption algorithm.

2) Decrypt form results data after pulled from storage and displayed decrypted on screen the same way as regular form results would be displayed.

3) Require a user to enter their Umbraco Password again to view any record. This should popup every single time for every record, requiring the user to re-enter their password again to see the form results. f they view 10 records, they must enter their password 10 times. All password attempts successful or not should be logged.

I was thinking this can be done by creating a new type of form. Currently, when creating a new form in Umbraco, it gives the options of: Empty Form, Comment Form, and Contact Form.

Can we make a new type called "Secure Form", and this would automatically add the encryption/password functionality described above?

Thanks In Advance .... Ajay Rathod

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Oct 13, 2015 @ 08:10
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

This is quite a bespoke and complex set of requirements! I suspect you'd be better baking your own solution as Umbraco Forms source isn't open (at least that is my understanding - someone from HQ might be able to answer this better) and I'm not sure how universally useful something like this would be.

I'd suggest creating SurfaceController forms - if you need the editor to have full control on creating their own forms then maybe look at using something this as a start (though you'll definitely have to store the results to your own tables). http://pixeltocode.uk/blog/umbraco/easy-umbraco-forms/

Kind regards

Steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft