Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew 32 posts 52 karma points
    Feb 17, 2010 @ 17:43
    Andrew

Error when trying to retrieve record

I am trying to access a record using Umbraco.Forms.Library.GetRecord(recordid), where recordid is a string with the ID number.  I keep getting the following error:

Specified cast is not valid.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.]
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.RecordStorage.GetRecord(Object id) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\39da791f9304089a\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Data\RecordStorage\RecordStorage.cs:60
       Umbraco.Forms.Library.GetRecord(String recordId) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\39da791f9304089a\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Data\Library\Library.cs:72
       UmbracoModules.SummerProgramApplicationReview.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\UmbracoModules\UmbracoModules\SummerProgramApplicationReview.ascx.cs:29
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +42
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +132
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +191
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428

Has anybody else seen this?  Am I doing something wrong? 

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Feb 18, 2010 @ 18:01
    Tim

Hi Andrew,

I think if you download the latest build of Contour, it should fix this error. I think you can get it from here: nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco Contour/1.0.6/ 

• Harald Ulriksen 207 posts 249 karma points
    Feb 18, 2010 @ 18:19
    Harald Ulriksen

I have seen this i 1.0.7, however the latest version seems to be 1.0.8. Perhaps it should be tested

http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/1.0.8/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft