Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ed Parry 64 posts 252 karma points c-trib
    Nov 09, 2015 @ 09:41
    Ed Parry

Empty due to trial mode - licence file installed

Hi,

We have Umbraco Contour running in a production site hosted in Azure (single Web App). The licence file is configured for the correct domain and the dashboard window just says that the Contour version (3.0.26), with no trial mode message.

This all works fine 90% of the time, but occasionally a user will submit a form which comes through as "Empty due to Umbraco Contour in trial mode". I'm aware of the options avialable to get this data back, but I'm wondering what can be done to stop this happening at all? The licence file is in place, the umbraco.licensing.dll is installed and it often works without a hitch.

Any ideas? :)

Nov 09, 2015 @ 10:49
    Ed Parry

Looking through the available logs at the moment. Nothing of much interest in the standard trace logs, but there is a umbraco.licensing.log file. In here there's around 30k lines of the same thing repeated:

Could not validate license:

Your license has been approved for the following IPs/Domains: - Domain: domainname.wales

We are using the new .wales/.cymru domains - is it possible this is causing an issue?

Jan 04, 2016 @ 12:10
    Ed Parry

Any possible responses to this one?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 04, 2016 @ 12:32
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ed,

That sounds not so nice. Could you please drop me an email at dennis at umbraco dot com, then we can have a look at the problem together

/Dennis

• Chris Wilson 100 posts 377 karma points
    Jan 05, 2016 @ 11:04
    Chris Wilson

Hi Ed,

The only time I've experienced this it was because a client was inadvertently running the site on numerous domains, this resulted in the issue you described.

This can also be triggered by VPN/domain naming schemes if users have access to the production site that way.

One more thing; if the "Umbraco empty due.." notes in those Records is irritating, you can force the XML DB field to regenerate by using the following GET:

/umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/webservices/records.aspx?guid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&mode=debug_regen

Replace the empty GUID with that of the Form you wish to regenerate the Records for. Be aware that this is a heavy and long operation, and so is best performed during a period of low utilisation.

I hope some of this is helpful, I know how much of a pain this can be.

/Chris

• Phil Dye 149 posts 325 karma points
    Jan 12, 2016 @ 10:10
    Phil Dye

I'm seeing something similar, in a multi-domain site (with appropriate add-on licenses purchased).

The domains that get logged as being valid seem to vary between app-restarts; I have a hunch that the first request initializes the licensing system only as far as the domain for /that/ request, ie only populating some of the licensed domains. Subsequent requests that were past that point in the license file then remain unlicensed.

I can replicate this by running the site on localhost, which logs the full list of domains, but when running on live, the list of licensed domains stops at the domain I'm using to access the backoffice.

Jan 27, 2016 @ 15:15
    Ed Parry

Hi Phil, Thanks for that - looks like we're narrowing down on the issue. That would definitely match up with what we're experiencing as well. Hope it's something that can be fixed in future versions of Contour though!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft