Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Smith 79 posts 110 karma points
    Dec 22, 2015 @ 14:52
    Matt Smith

Licensing

Hi, I've been asked to investigate licensing options for contour. We have one instance of umbraco with different URLs pointing to certain parts.

I think(?) our options are:

• add a domain to existing contour licence

• purchase contour licence for new domain

Can anyone point me in the direction of options and associated prices please?

Much appreciated, Matt

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 22, 2015 @ 20:54
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Matt,

A single license covers a single installation of Contour in production environments, as well as two additional development environments. The license allows for an unlimited number of forms.

It is valid for 1 production domain, and 2 development domains. Each domain includes all sub-domains (*.domain.tld), as well as .local extension (domain.tld.local). The license also will include localhost as a valid domain.

If you are running multiple sites in a single Umbraco instance, you can use the additional domain product to add these domains to an existing Contour license for EUR 59 rather that the EUR 99 for the full license.

/Dennis

• Matt Smith 79 posts 110 karma points
    Dec 23, 2015 @ 09:18
    Matt Smith

Hi Dennis, Thank you very much for clarifying, it sounds like I can use the additional domain product in this instance.

Best wishes, Matt

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Dec 22, 2015 @ 21:07
    Nicholas Westby

Each domain includes all sub-domains (*.domain.tld)

Dennis,

Just to clarify, are all subdomains of all 3 domains (primary and 2 dev) included? It was my understanding that only all subdomains of the primary domain would work, and that the 2 dev domains had to be exact matches. Let me know if that is incorrect.

Would also be useful to know if "all sub-domains" includes further nested domains (e.g., *.*.*.*.domain.tld).

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 22, 2015 @ 22:28
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Nicholas,

Yes all subdomains of all 3 domains, so if you have a dev domain named yourdomain.com then your license will be valid for *.yourdomain.com.

All subdomains does not includes further nested domains (e.g., ....domain.tld).

Hope this clear it.

/Dennis

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Dec 22, 2015 @ 23:19
    Nicholas Westby

Hi Dennis,

Interesting. It may be worth clarifying that on the page in umbraco.com where the licenses are configured with domains. It currently implies something different than what you claim. For example, consider these domains as inputs:

Primary: site.com
    Dev 1: testing.com
    Dev 2: staging.com

On the right of the configuration page, it says "Domains to be added" and lists these examples:

localhost
    *.site.com
    www.site.com
    site.com.local
    testing.com
    www.testing.com
    staging.com
    www.staging.com

Based on what you claim, images.staging.com should work, whereas the configuration page implies that will not work. Might be worth updating this page to be more clear (if indeed you are correct).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft