Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Preethi 32 posts 99 karma points
    Jan 29, 2016 @ 10:05
    Preethi

Editing forms in 4.1.5

If one upgrades from 4.1.4 to 4.1.5 how will the user be able to edit an existing form. This is an essential feature for a functionality that I have built in 4.1.4 .

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 29, 2016 @ 10:14
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Preethi,

What you can do to upgrade UmbracoForms manually this will not affecting any existing forms. The only thing you should be a aware of is if you have made any customization to the views.

If not, then you can download UmbracoForms.Files.4.1.5.zip https://umbraconightlies.blob.core.windows.net/umbraco-forms-nightlies/UmbracoForms.Files.4.1.5-nightly80.zip and simply just overrides the files with the new once.

The form enteties is in the DB, and your existing forms is in the folder App_Plugins/UmbracoForms/Data/forms and this folder is not in the upgrading zip file.

Hope this helps, and make sense.

/Dennis

Jan 29, 2016 @ 10:19
    Preethi

I actually upgraded my staging site yesterday from 4.1.4 to 4.1.5. I was unable to edit the existing forms. My questions is how will it be possible to edit an existing form.

(edited by Per)

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 29, 2016 @ 10:55
    Per Ploug

Hi Preethi

The feature you are using here is actually a symptom of a huge security gap - as we patched a security issue in the latest release this functionality was removed - so while you might have used it before, it did leave your site vulnerable.

We are working on an actual supported way to editing form records which are secure.

/Per

Jan 29, 2016 @ 11:06
    Preethi

Thanks for your response. I used this functionality only for logged in members and then to I added an extra functionality to check if the record id belongs to the member to render the form. It is imperative that I have this feature. Will using the recordGUID rather than recordID to edit like in Contour be a better and safer option. Will wait for the new procedure

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Feb 04, 2016 @ 10:16
    Per Ploug

How do you use this feature specifically? - we are working on adding the same thing to the backoffice, so you can edit records there (while being logged in) - would that work for you?

Feb 04, 2016 @ 10:29
    Preethi

Currently a member logs in. They complete a form which is in a protected page. On another protected page I list all the records of the member using the Library.GetRecordsFromForm to get all the entries and filter by the memberkey related to the currently logged in member. Each record then has a hyperlink for editing. On the editing page I once again crosscheck the memberkey and a particular form field value to display the form. My member would not have access to back office. Hope this helps

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft